Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

First pig with the 260rem

Old 02-23-2006, 03:09 PM

Default RE: First pig with the 260rem

I was born just west of Goulburn but I have lived in SA, VIC and QLD as well but I’m living between Braidwood and Queanbeyan at the moment.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Iwas born and raised in Parkes.

You should try to find a couple of properties around the Nyngan/ Burke area there are (or was when I was there) a lot of pigs and feral goats.

I mainly hunted in the Condoblin/Nymagee/ Cobar area.

There is some good deer hunting in and around Braidwood you just have to get on the right places
Old 02-23-2006, 10:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy
Iwas born and raised in Parkes.
You should try to find a couple of properties around the Nyngan/ Burke area there are (or was when I was there) a lot of pigs and feral goats.
I mainly hunted in the Condoblin/Nymagee/ Cobar area.
There is some good deer hunting in and around Braidwood you just have to get on the right places
It’s pretty dry up that way at the moment the drought has put a big dint in pig numbers in the central west. I have a mate that’s a pilot and we fly up to Charleville to shoot now there is still good pigs around there if you time it right. NSW just introduced a new licensing program that lets us shoot on state land now so getting into Deer and Pigs down here won’t be a problem. I also just got access to a 3000ac property near Crookwell that has a large population of Red deer on it and I’m going to start heading down to VIC to chase the big Sambar deer as well.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Me son told me about them opening up the national parks for hunting and in all honesty it is about time whats the point of having a nation park if no one is allowed in them.

There is a national park just east of Parkes that is loaded with feral goats I had lations that owned farms butting up to the park and used to slip out there and whack a few goats

He is now living in Armidale and said altho it is dry the hunting is still good up there.

I have 2 sisters still living in Parkes me youngest sister is in Scone and me mum is in Ulladulla.

I am heading back home for me sons wedding at the end of next year and gonna go on a few little huntin trips while I am there.

Old 02-24-2006, 01:59 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: 260rem

Rebel Hog no I haven’t as of yet.

Burniegoeasily I have thought about getting one re-barrelled but I don’t like lever actions to much and I can work the model seven’s bolt just as fast as one anyway. But it would be a great choice for one.

Whooops, I meant 250.

Still a 260 would be cool. I found a .250 which needs some crown work. The only problem the guy who has it is way to proud of it. He wants 500 bucks.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy
I am heading back home for me sons wedding at the end of next year and gonna go on a few little huntin trips while I am there.
No worries mate you should be able to get a visitors licence fairly easy and then you can go a few places that haven’t been able to yet here is the link to the site.
http://www.gamecouncil.nsw.gov.au