Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 mechanical or fixed blade?? >

mechanical or fixed blade??

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

mechanical or fixed blade??

Old 02-18-2006, 05:10 PM

Default mechanical or fixed blade??

Hunting big boar in texas, mechanical head, or fixed blade? Two blade, three blade, four blade???
Old 02-18-2006, 05:19 PM

Default RE: mechanical or fixed blade??

i use fixed blades just cause i know they work and work well. figure why fix with something thats not broke.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

I use both Grim Reapers and Thunder Heads 125 grain.. I can't tell which kill better, they both do a good job.... Of course this defeats the purpose, but I open the Mec. when I nock an arrow... Just to make sure they don't fail.... ( I know, I know, why use them at all?) Because I have three, and I am going to use them until they are histroy......I paid 35.00 for them, and I'm going to get my money out of them.. Then I will go strictly with a Muzzy...
Old 02-18-2006, 09:09 PM
Dominant Buck

I am not into archery, but most hunters I know whohunt hogs with a bowdown here use the ones with bleeder blades.

Quantity in Basket: none
Code: SB-200
Price: $29.95

Shipping Weight: 0.00 pounds

Quantity:

The Simmons RazorShark is brand new for 2005! It retains the same rugged construction and durability features as the other Simmons’ heads, but brings a new attitude into the broadhead market. With a super thick main blade at 0.050 thick and an auxiliary bleeder of 0.030 thick this head is one tough customer! Combined with the versatility of stainless steel and replaceable blades this head will soon find its place along with the legends of the broadhead industry.

Cutting Diameter 1 ¼”
Pack of 3

Old 02-18-2006, 09:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Those are pretty nice... Thanks Reb.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:24 PM

i use fixed blade muzzy 100grain. These are my first broad heads to buy in like 13years (i was 13 last time i outfitted/used a bow). Going to down one this weekend with a lil luck.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:38 PM

to many bad stories out there about mechanical heads so i stick with fixed heads i have shot muzzys for the 15 yrs no bad stories here
Old 02-19-2006, 08:29 PM

This is the one i use for hogs and deer!!
It has work great for me!

85 Grains, 3 Blades
.030" Thick, 1 1/4"
Cutting Diameter
85 Grains, 3 Blades
.030" Thick, 1 1/4"
Cutting Diameter

Old 02-20-2006, 01:43 PM
Typical Buck

I just started using the razor cap bh. I really like it. it is a cutting head that can be resharpened very easy. it mimics the old snuffer but is made of stainless steel unlike the snuffer. it also flies like my fps and is quiet. just my 2 cents.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Ive shot them with both. The only suggestion I can make is dont go to big on a cutting area, and dont put either in the shield. I have had equal luck with both. I shota couplethis year with nap shock waves with no problem. I also shot a few this year with Muzzy three blads, with the same effect. Here are some pics of deer hearts I shot with both fixed and mechanicals this year. Both were shot with the same bow at about the same distance.

This is a heart at 35 yards with a muzzy three blade 100 grain.

Here is a heart shot at 30+ yard with a nap shockwave 100 grain.

There was not a whole lot of difference. Both passed through about the same, and the deers both ran about the same distance. Blood trail about the same, Entrance and exit wond same on both animals.

Quick Reply: mechanical or fixed blade??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.