HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hogs and Exotics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics-73/)
-   -   First Post, Hunting Stewart tomorrow (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics/126712-first-post-hunting-stewart-tomorrow.html)

Hoovey 12-28-2005 07:20 PM

First Post, Hunting Stewart tomorrow

New to the forum and hog hunting. My buddy and I have made 3 or 4 trips to Ft. Stewart without seeing a hog yet. Plenty of sign, but no pigs. I appreciate the information in this forum. Think I will stalk more agressively tomorrow. Find a hot trail and try to work up wind.

GAHogMan 12-28-2005 07:38 PM

RE: First Post, Hunting Stewart tomorrow

Good luck at fort stewart, which i believe you're talking about the one here in GA...i live about 30 minutes south of griffen..have friedns who have been to stewart and they said no doubt they were there but like you said, planty of sighn, but no pigs. The only places i get to go after pigs is our annual trip to Cumberland Island, and lucky for us, Ossabaw island this year..both beautiful places to hunt. Post your results on here if you do good, they'd sure be of use to me! and tes, welcome to the forum;)

The Rev 12-28-2005 07:42 PM

Welcome to the forum, you will enjoy this site... Sometimes you will need to wear your rubber boots, it can get pretty deep.:D:D:D

Rebel Hog 12-28-2005 08:45 PM

ORIGINAL: The Rev

Welcome to the forum, you will enjoy this site... Sometimes you will need to wear your rubber boots, it can get pretty deep.:D:D:D

Alright Robin Hood, watch it!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Rebel Hog 12-29-2005 01:47 AM

Hoovey welcome to the forum! How big is the area, how many acres?

Rebel Hog 12-29-2005 01:50 AM

Georgia Hog Hunting

huntnma 12-29-2005 04:00 AM

welcome :)

Hoovey 12-29-2005 05:51 AM

Fort Stewart is 280,000 acres. About 3/4 of that is available for hunting. It is costal plain, and the Canoochee River runs through the middle along with sevral creeks. Good bit of swampy areas as you migh imagine. Most of the upland areas are planted pine, with the bottom areas hardwood. In addition to hog, deer, turkey, and small game hunting there is also excellent fishing oppourtunities, with several dozen managed ponds, as well as the river. My first year, actually month, taking advantage of the resource, so not an expert. Check out www.stewart.army.mil/dpw/wildlife/default.htm

Moose_Maximus 12-29-2005 07:25 PM

Welcome, and good luck!

I shot a couple of hogs here in Texas this week; they're great sport and good eating, too.

Chuck7 12-29-2005 07:56 PM

Thanks sir for the Web site .I was stationed there for 2 years for infantry. I read the web site and plan to hunt it next year. How many years have you been hunting Fort Stewart? Reason being..I may need to ask you some questions in the future.;)
Chuck7