Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 The dang hogs tore up my food plot! >

The dang hogs tore up my food plot!

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

The dang hogs tore up my food plot!

Old 11-07-2005, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default The dang hogs tore up my food plot!

I do a little backyard hunting here on the back 40. This year my gradfather, cousin, and I have decided to plant food plots and put a little effort into keeping the deer in here. In the past couple of weeks the hogs have moved in and totally destroyed our food plot. The past week I have hunted about 4 evenings from 3pm till dark, and I havenot seen one yet. I know when they move in, it will be a bunch of them from the sign that they leave every night. I can put out a 50lb bag of corn and by the next day it is all gone, not a kernel left. Are these hogs nocturnal? What will be the best way to hunt them?
borty
Old 11-08-2005, 03:08 AM

Default RE: The dang hogs tore up my food plot!

Nick, the best time to nail pigs is at sunrise or sunset when they are on the move.

Good luck
Old 11-08-2005, 04:17 AM

may have to trap them.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Either hunt them early in the morning or late in the evening. Or if it is legal in Florida hunting them at night with a spot light works great. We hunt them at night year round though we tell the game warden what we are doing before we start shining lights across the field at night.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:15 PM

they may be nocturnal(sp) they get that way sometimes
Old 11-08-2005, 03:24 PM

Just get a Qbeam and sit out there one night in the bed of your truck and pop as many as you got rounds for.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:29 PM

I have the HawgLites for shooting them at night with a bow on my website. Don't know if your looking to do it with a bow or not.Hogs can adapt to pressure real well. It's pretty amazing how much sign they can leave and never be seen. I just got in from hunting them all day. Rooting and rubs everywhere, went to all their hiding spots. Didn't see 1 all day. They're a lot smarter than they look.Good luck, maybe some of my products can help. www.razorbackoutfitters.com
Old 11-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

LOL, Big Boarwhen I entered your website, My dogs went crazy when the hogs started squealing!
Old 11-08-2005, 07:24 PM

Believe it or not, your not the first person to tell me that. I had a guy tell me that he would enter the main page over and over just to hearhis dogs go crazy and scratch at the door. Glad you liked it!!!
Old 11-09-2005, 07:14 AM

ORIGINAL: Borty77

I do a little backyard hunting here on the back 40. This year my gradfather, cousin, and I have decided to plant food plots and put a little effort into keeping the deer in here. In the past couple of weeks the hogs have moved in and totally destroyed our food plot. The past week I have hunted about 4 evenings from 3pm till dark, and I havenot seen one yet. I know when they move in, it will be a bunch of them from the sign that they leave every night. I can put out a 50lb bag of corn and by the next day it is all gone, not a kernel left. Are these hogs nocturnal? What will be the best way to hunt them?
borty
I live in Jacksonville and would be glad to come help you rid your property of hogs. I'm just looking for a piece of land like this where I could hunt hogs all day and leave the deer to someone else.

Quick Reply: The dang hogs tore up my food plot!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.