Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

hog baiting

Old 10-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default hog baiting

something that i thought i'd share. you may have tried this before but we use this a lot hog hunting with great success. get some post hole diggers, dig a hole about two to three feet deep, fill it about 2/3 full with deer corn. it may take a while for the pigs to find but it does work. makes the hogs work for their food.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: hog baiting

I have done the same thing and added some milk and leftovers to the corn, only drawback is the CRATER that is left when they find it!!
Old 10-14-2005, 01:39 AM
Who
Nontypical Buck

Same song but sour corn with beer. Also if you have a feed mill near you see if they have (I forget the name it goes by) strawberry powder.They use this in starting food for piglets and a little goes a long way.
You can also take a 55 gallon barrel drill holes in it (will take a while) a little larger than the corn. Take this out and put about 2 sacks of corn in it and trun it on its side. Its kind of fun to watch. Oh and lock the lid on it.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:00 AM

I've done the same. . . .works pretty good, the biggest animal will be the one with his or her head down in that hole. I dig that hole a little ways away from the feeder so as not to tear that area up to much. You can stalk real close when they are busy like that. Last year I took a 200lb boar this way. Crawled up to about 20 yards in the grass, whenhe finally looked up at me, gave a nice grunt and then I let him have it. Gets your heart going when the others start running around like a Chinese fire drill.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

WHO...You should be ashamed of yourself for wasting BEER!!!!!LOL!!
Old 10-14-2005, 07:34 PM
Who
Nontypical Buck

Old 10-15-2005, 08:15 AM

If you want to do a little less work and carry a few less things, we have a Sour Mash attractant in a 2 oz. misting bottle. That same potent odor without all the fuss. Check us out at www.razorbackoutfitters.com or click the link below.

Old 10-15-2005, 04:07 PM

i like to pour some molasses in with my corn in the hole.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:18 PM

when you fix the drum with the holes in it , take a chain and put it through the botton and put a swivel on a post with about 10 to 15 feet of chain. they will roll that drum around and around that post till they make a rut a ft. or two deep. fun to watch them roll that big old drum around that post. [&:] [&:] []
Old 10-24-2005, 01:54 PM

i like to use jello either strawberry or peach just take a garden spade and losen the soil and pour the powder on the dirt. mix it in a little. they love it. also when i sour my corn i put jello in the mix to ad a sour sweet smell then dig the post hole and pour it in.

Quick Reply: hog baiting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.