Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

NILGAI

Old 08-22-2005, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default NILGAI

I am going on a hunt for nilgai this year and cant find much imfoo on them.Any help would be great.
Any one ever hunt them befor?
What time of they year do they mate?
Are they grasers or browsers?
Do they make much for sounds like deer,elk or any outhers?

I have a ton more if any one has time and knows about them.
TY ton
Charles Bradford
Old 08-22-2005, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: NILGAI

I can't answer any of your questions, but I would sure like to head to south Texas to hunt for one, I have several friends that have harvested some nice bulls with archery gear at watering holes....From what they have told me they are really reclusive and hard to hunt. Your a lucky feller....

Good luck in your adventure..
Old 08-22-2005, 08:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nilgai are both browsers and grazers, and like mesquite and oaks as well. They tend to stay out of heavy wooded areas. Bulls stay to theirselves though there are 15-20 cows in a herd. Nilgai can breed anytime of years, but normally aound December. You certainly are lucky, you have to keep us posted on your hunt.... Get some pics for us!
Old 08-22-2005, 09:03 PM
Typical Buck

The Rev
1st of all ty very much. I will get to hunt Dec 3 to Dec 10. If they are in rut at this time what sounds do they make? There is lots salt watter down there so a fresh watering spot should be real good.

Rev do you know much about the park?
Old 08-23-2005, 06:19 PM
Dominant Buck

WOW!

Texas, U.S.A.[align=center][/align]
3-Day Trophy Nilgai Hunt - $3,550
We hunt year-around and specialize in trophy-quality animals, including numerous Top Ten entries in the SCI record book. We have 30 species of exotics. Much of our hunting is done safari-style from vehicles, but our new stationary blinds are strategically placed to enhance your hunting or photographic experience. Only the highest quality trophy animals are offered in these hunting packages.

When you come to hunt with us, you'll enjoy our well appointed lodge with fully stocked wet bar, heated swimming pool and spa. Only one hour northwest of San Antonio and the airport.

Included in the price:
[ul][*](1) Trophy Nilgai[*]Guide[*]Accommodations in Luxury Lodge[*]Meals and Open Bar [/ul]
Not Included in the price:
[ul][*]Texas Hunting License[*]Observer (non-hunter) - $750 if going on hunt, $450 if remaining at lodge[*]Airport Transfer from San Antonio [/ul]
Accommodations include three meals each day prepared by our chef, a large trophy room, big screen TV, bar, swimming pool and hot tub. Relax on our front porch overlooking beautiful East Verde Creek, or at the poolside cantina after the day's activities. Experience visits from zebras, whitetail deer, and "Lonesome", our "retired" longhorn steer; and a chance of a lifetime visit to a historic Pony Express station located on the ranch.

Enjoy your stay in our fully equipped lodge. [align=center][/align]
If you have specific questions about this hunt or are looking for something in particular, please contact us today.
Serious Inquiries Only Please.
BlueWaterBigGame.com, LLC is a full service professional hunting and fishing consultant and booking agent. We will assist you with all aspects of your hunting trip including:
[*]Choosing the proper hunting equipment and clothing[*]Securing any special tags or permits[*]Making flight reservations to/from the hunting area[*]Understanding and purchasing insurance for your trip including:
[*]Trip Cancellation Insurance[*]Firearm Theft Insurance[*]Medical Evacuation Insurance[*]Short Term Life Insurance [/ul][*]Traveling in the U.S. and abroad with firearms[*]Shipping your trophies home[*]Choosing the right taxidermist [/ul]
Old 08-23-2005, 08:44 PM

Nilgai are big tough animals. They are about the size of an elk. I would not worry about their mating season etc, becuase youll be doin a spot and stalk hunt on them.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:56 PM
Typical Buck

I am not going on any kind of payed hunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would not and will not ever. I was not looking for a hunt but some imfoo on the animal itself.I will be hunting with my dad [im allso well over 30] I do not know why all the stuff came in here about buying a hunt.I would go kill a bision here in Montana for way way less money befor I ever went to TX for some drive around shoot out of the truck hunt like that.Sorryjust shaking my headat the moment.Well I thought there was a place to put things like that.Isnt this for questions???????????????If they would like to give my some imfoo on how the animal acts or any thing that may help me on a hunt that is fine.But to just try to sell hunts when ask a question is roung.

Maby I am just stooting off at the mouth but did any where in here ask for a place to hunt or an outfitters name.

Texhookem
The reasion why I ask about when they rut so I cant hunt them in a difrant way than if an animal is not in rut.It will make a big difrance in what kind of hunting I will do. [ IT SHURE WILL NOT BE OUT OF A TRUCK]
I am a good spot and stalk hunter. This is how I kill most of my deer and elk.[with the bow] I was told useing a stand over water holes was good.BUT if they are in rut I will not use a stand.I will hunt off the ground and call/stalk .
Old 08-24-2005, 08:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Sorry Elk, misread your post!
Old 08-24-2005, 09:35 AM
Typical Buck

Rebel Hog

I am allso sorry I just reread my 1st line of my post. It is not as cleer as I should have made it if I was going to give you crap for trying to post a sight to help me hunt Nilgai.Sad we where seting there shaking our heads at each this post.I think you posted as to help me find A Nilgai hunt.

I totaly left out I have a tag for Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge.All hunting there is on foot or bike.I was just trying to get some imfo on how to hunt and what kinds of sounds they produce. I am Very much of a caller/stalker hunter. But I can and will set in a stand if this is what need to be done.I will be down there the 3rd of Dec to the 10 of Dec.

I normaly shoot an elk with my bow so size is eazy.How you score a nice one is hard.

As I stated Rebel Hog sorry for running off at the mouth. I beleave this was my falt TOTALY.
Charles Bradford
Old 08-24-2005, 10:20 AM
Dominant Buck

10-4, Bro

Quick Reply: NILGAI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.