Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Gunsmithing
ISO: Rem 121 Ejector Plunger Assy >

ISO: Rem 121 Ejector Plunger Assy

Gunsmithing Discuss repairs, modifications, designs, or building firearms here.

ISO: Rem 121 Ejector Plunger Assy

Old 06-11-2020, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default ISO: Rem 121 Ejector Plunger Assy

I’ve rang all of the normal bells, ebay, Numrich, Wisner’s, GB, but these seem to be hen’s teeth. Short of buying a parts rifle (which likely ALSO has a broken plunger assy), I’m taking a long shot here.

I may end up reverting it to a 12 style spring rather than the plunger design of the updated 121, but would obviously prefer to stay original.

Anyone have a line on one?
Old 06-12-2020, 12:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Midway USA is pretty good when it comes to parts.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 06-12-2020 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-13-2020, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's surprising that you're having so much trouble finding a part for a Remington.
Old 06-13-2020, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

Is this what your looking for.
https://jack-first-gun-parts.myshopi...ractor-plunger
Old 06-15-2020, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Midway USA is pretty good when it comes to parts.
I buy a few thousand dollars in parts from Midway each year, but they’re not great for this kind of resto-repair. They’re great if you’re doing basic work or building an AR or 10/22, but Midway gave up 10yrs ago or more on really supporting gunsmithing efforts, and they aren’t a warehouser for obscure or obsolete take-off parts, which haven’t been made in ~3/4 century.

Originally Posted by elkman30
It's surprising that you're having so much trouble finding a part for a Remington.
It hasn’t been made for 75yrs, and this particular part is notorious for breaking - they sell out quickly when they come available, aka, when someone gives up a rifle to a gun buyback and a parts reseller finally has access to them. Lots of folks waiting for them, and not many available.

Originally Posted by bpd1982
No, that’s the Extractor plunger, a component of the bolt. The EJECTOR plunger assembly in the 121 mounts in the rear of the trigger guard, basically a spring loaded buffer which pushes the firing pin forward to act as an ejector. Novel idea, but less than ideal, and less than ideally executed. The ejector plunger assy has thin mounting flange around the tubular body through which a retaining screw fixes it to the receiver - but this flange is prone to breaking, such replacements are exceptionally difficult to find.

The repair is pretty simple - longer retaining screw and a notched washer, reamed to fit the housing. But it’s not factory original...

Last edited by Nomercy448; 06-15-2020 at 01:13 PM.