Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Gunsmithing
Tulsa, OK area gunsmith >

Tulsa, OK area gunsmith

Community
Gunsmithing Discuss repairs, modifications, designs, or building firearms here.

Tulsa, OK area gunsmith

Old 03-26-2013, 06:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default Tulsa, OK area gunsmith

I would like a recommendation for a Tulsa area Gunsmith to work on a Husqvarna HVA. I bought the rifle and it was damaged in shipping. The toe of the stock was chipped off & I need to have it repaired. I have purchased a Kick-Eez Magnum recoil pad so when the stock is shortened to add the pad it will only leave a 1/2" of the chip on the stock and I have the piece to epoxy back into the chipped area. Haven't been able to find anyone willing to do the repair. Any recommendations are welcome. Also, I would like to have the action bedded and barrel floated while the stock is being repaired. On a good note I took (2) deer with it rifle season and the rifle is very accurate with just plain old Winchester PP's. Thanks for any help!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not from the area, but I think I'd start by asking around at local sporting goods and hunting items stores.. also, any local gun or shooting club should be able to supply you with some names and phone numbers.

As far as getting the bedding work done, if the gun shoots as well as you say it does now, I'm not sure I'd fool with it. JMO.