Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Gunsmithing
338 winchester magnum >

338 winchester magnum

Community
Gunsmithing Discuss repairs, modifications, designs, or building firearms here.

338 winchester magnum

Old 06-25-2011, 04:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default 338 winchester magnum

I recently picked up a used 338 winchester magnum. It sticks about 3 out of 5 fired cases in the chamber. they do eject but they come out hard, this is with winchester factory loads. on the fired case just above the belt you can see a ring where they are hitting the chamber. So i'm wondering if the factory loads are just hot, or if the chamber is tight, or maybe theres something wrong with it? the winchester bullets are 200 power points.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ruger357w
I recently picked up a used 338 winchester magnum. It sticks about 3 out of 5 fired cases in the chamber. they do eject but they come out hard, this is with winchester factory loads. on the fired case just above the belt you can see a ring where they are hitting the chamber. So i'm wondering if the factory loads are just hot, or if the chamber is tight, or maybe theres something wrong with it? the winchester bullets are 200 power points.
Can you post a picture of a few of the fired cases?
Old 06-26-2011, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

ok if you look at the pic, and i'm sorry for the pic. but right above the belt you can see a shinny spot. it runs all the way around the case. I also bought this rifle from my local gun shop, so they are going to look at it and they said they would polish the chamber.
Attached Thumbnails 338 winchester magnum-062611094218.jpg