Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Gunsmithing
bell and carson stock >

bell and carson stock

Community
Gunsmithing Discuss repairs, modifications, designs, or building firearms here.

bell and carson stock

Old 02-18-2011, 09:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default bell and carson stock

just bought a bell and carson stock for remington 700, 35 whelen. when i put it together the back screw on the trigger guard will not let the bolt open, i can unscrew it about 3 turns and the bolt works fine. is there a spacer or a shorter screw that shoud have been furnished with the stock? can i get a shorter screw from remington?
Old 02-19-2011, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

i would call bell and carlson and ask them.might be a common problem. they might have screws or recommend a spacer or maybe a remington part number that you could order a new screw. you could go to the local hardware store and just find a nut and screw down on it then cut off or grind a couple threads off the screw. when you back the nut off it should smooth out the rough spots so you can use your original screw.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

thanks for the info, going to have gunsmith take the screw down and order another for the factory stock.