Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Gunsmithing
Remington Model 11 >

Remington Model 11

Community
Gunsmithing Discuss repairs, modifications, designs, or building firearms here.

Remington Model 11

Old 01-02-2011, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Remington Model 11

Howdy guy's,I recently inherited an old remmie shotgun (the one made on the Browning patent).It is a Model 11and according to the #'s I think it was built in 1946.My Question is about the magazine block.I'm pretty sure you guy's know what I am talking about.It's the little lever on the side that blocks the mag so you can put a different shell in it without.empting the gun.I may be answering my own question ,But here goes.The lever is missing on the gun so will this cause a FTF.I think so .The part that is attached to the inside of the gun is there but the lever itself is missing.Question .

1. will it keep the next round from chambering ?

2.Will a Browning part work or do I have to find one made for the remmie ?

3.Is this a easy fix that I can do myself or should I take it to a gunsmith ?

This was one of my uncles guns so it will never go anywhere.It is in 16 gauge and has a poly choke.I told one of my rabbit hunting buds ( who happens to use a browning "Sweet 16". Been using it for more years than I can rember)I get a kick out of telling him that he ain't so special with his Brownie 'cause I got a Remington Sweet 16...........LOL .BTW my aunt also gave me his Remington .22 auto.It is a Model 550 slick as a button and I love the old what I call the "fine line " sights.Has the little gold bead front sight instead of the newer blade type .You can really draw a bead (pun intended) with this set up if you can still see.I think it was made in 1948.Thanks for listening and BTW Happy New year.Hope life's road is like fresh asphalt for everybody not only this year but always.................Alton
Old 01-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Numrich Gun Parts Corp. (e-GunParts.com) Lists parts for Rem. Model 11 & Sportsman shotguns. There is an exploded parts diagram and parts list available. Try there.....
Old 01-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't recall seeing a M 11 with a magazine cutoff...

Is this a feature that some guns had others did not..??...

I've handled and shot several M11s and cannot remember one with the cutoff, unlike the A-5s, which were basically the same gun..

Perhaps it is just my moldy old memory, but I DID google up pictures of a couple of M11s which showed the port side, and they did not have the magazine cutoff.. Could it have been a factory option..??..