Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Gunsmithing
Rem 03A3 barrel shortened >

Rem 03A3 barrel shortened

Community
Gunsmithing Discuss repairs, modifications, designs, or building firearms here.

Rem 03A3 barrel shortened

Old 08-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Spike

Default Rem 03A3 barrel shortened

Not being a gunsmith allows me to ask this question. I found a Remington 03A3 in a used gun rack. It has been sporterized. It has a "butt" ugly Monte Carlo stock and has had the barrel shortened by an 1' to 1 1/2". It looks like they cut the barrel to take off the front blade sight. The asking price is $300. Would it be worth $300 to take it home and redo the stock and have a halfway decent rifle? I'm concerned that the shortned barrel might have affected the accuracy. I don't really need the rifle, as I already have a dead on 30-06. This would just be a project gun to keep me out trouble for awhile. Any ideas or comments?
Old 08-21-2010, 12:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

If the barrel was properly crowned, there should be no accuracy issues. If you want to spend $300,,,,,I can show you a Mauser action and about any chambered barrel for less.....and after a winter of work will generate a return on your investment.