Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Bases and Rings >

Bases and Rings

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Bases and Rings

Old 05-09-2005, 07:19 PM

Default Bases and Rings

Who makes the finest bases and rings? I want a set that you can drop, spit on, bury in the mud and shoot a gazillion times with a 99mm hoodoo magnum and still stay where they were intended. Who's the best?
Old 05-09-2005, 07:42 PM

Default RE: Bases and Rings

Leupold steel bases and rings get my vote. I have 'em on several rifles and I am delighted with them. Solid and attractive.

I personally don't care for aluminum; the added strength of stell justifies the extra weight, IMHO.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:02 PM
bigcountry

Badger. But get ready to pay 250 dollars for a complete set. Another is ARM's. They are all Mil specs

Old 05-09-2005, 08:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

For rings and bases designed for "normal" hunting firearms. IE... not tactical or 50 BMG. Warne is very hard to beat. Talley is also another very excelent set up with the dual recoil shoulders on their bases that their rings fit between. Be prepared to pay for Talley though.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well in 48 years of hunting, I have never had a problem with Weaver rings and bases. From 22 RF to my 416 Rem mag. In all weather and even in the worst of conditions, I have never been able to get one to fail. I like the Millet windage adjustable rings.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:39 PM

Twenty dollars or for set of leupold bases, 20 dollars or so for a set leupold rings and you be set for as long you want to be. If you want to spend a little more, I'd lap the rings to smooth them out; i've been told it helps accuracy, but i'm not sure if it really helps out or not. I've also heard good things about warne. I just can't justify spending more money on something that isn't going to hold any more secure than leupold.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:57 PM
Fork Horn

In my opinion Badger makes the toughest ones. They are not cheap at all. I paid $300 for a set of 30mm rings & the base for my 700P
Old 05-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use Leupold bases and rings, and they have never let me down. Good luck.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

For hunting rifles:

1. Talley
2. Conetrol
3. Gentry

I pick the 3 above because of qualityof construction, steel used and a strong design. For tactical rifles:

1. Badger

I pick Badger because reputation and they are endorsed by my Gunsmith. Thats all I need to know
Old 05-10-2005, 03:22 PM

Thanks everyone for all the good advice as usual. I've been using leupold ans sako bases and rings for years but I wondered what else was out there. Gentlemen, thanks for the education, BTW Ridge Runner, I ordered a 270 Allen.

Quick Reply: Bases and Rings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.