Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 New Savage Classic >

New Savage Classic

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New Savage Classic

Old 05-09-2005, 11:52 AM
bigcountry

Default New Savage Classic

anybody know where a feller can get that new fancy savage? Looking for a 300WSM.

Old 05-09-2005, 12:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New Savage Classic

Looks like a decent rifle would have to see how thatt NEW detachable magazine works on it. I would think its too early to expect those to be produced
Old 05-09-2005, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

anybody know where a feller can get that new fancy savage? Looking for a 300WSM.
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell me I read this correctly..........you mean Bigcountry is going to look into buying a gun that Mossy suggested?????? The world will end very soon people!!!!!! If you buy it, you might actually own a rifle that will shoot with mine!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2005, 06:19 PM
bigcountry

Mossy, Mossy, I have always told you I like you savage. Well, after you got a new stock and had a decent blue job.

Old 05-10-2005, 06:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mossy, Mossy, I have always told you I like you savage. Well, after you got a new stock and had a decent blue job.
Bingo and how much did that cost ole Mossy?
Old 05-10-2005, 07:21 AM
bigcountry

Well over 800 dollars for a muzzlebreak, trigger job, new boyd stock, great looking bluing, and lapped his scope rings.

On second thought, I could go ahead and get a Sako if I save my lunch money.

Old 05-10-2005, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well over 800 dollars for a muzzlebreak, trigger job, new boyd stock, great looking bluing, and lapped his scope rings.

Somehow I thought the original intent of Savage rifles was low cost value...
Old 05-10-2005, 07:41 AM
bigcountry

Oldelk I have went down this road a few times with Savage. I had a 10FP 308. Shot pretty good, but hated the cheapness. So I always did the numbers in my head about getting a good McMillian stock, and any other changes I wanted. And I always came back to the conclusion that I could get something else.

Mossy's gun does shoot quite well, I admit. And he's happy. I guess thats the only thing that matters.

Old 05-10-2005, 07:42 AM
bigcountry

I am in the mood to buy a 300WSM today. Thinking either Browning Stainless synthetic, or as a high end option, a Sako75 hunter.

Old 05-10-2005, 07:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Most anything you modify is not going to hold its value with maybe a few exceptions. If he is happy that is fine as well.

Quick Reply: New Savage Classic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.