Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Sako finnlight >

Sako finnlight

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Sako finnlight

Old 04-15-2005, 11:16 PM

Default Sako finnlight

I"m thinking about getting one in 300 wsm but heard they had trouble with the barrels is this true? is it safe to buy one? how do i know if I got a bad one? whats sakos website? and can you get a a 300 Rem. ultra mag in the finnlight? in advance thanks for your help.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:37 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Sako finnlight

I had a Tikka T3 lite stainless these along with the Sako stainless rifles were recalled beacuse of a defect in the barrel material. The Tikka shot excellent but make sure the rifle you are buying is not effected by the recall it took me 4 months to get my rifle back from Beretta USA you can call Beretta at 1-800-503-8869 and give them the serial number of the rifle they can tell you if it is effected by the recall. I hope this helps chad
Old 04-16-2005, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Smitty, supposedly all the Sako Finnlight that were at the stores have been recalled from what I can remember reading so you shouldn’t have a problem purchasing one but it wouldn’t hurt to get the serial # checked before buying the rifle as chma mentioned. They don’t sell the 300 Re. Ultra Mag but you can check it out. Here is there web page on the rifles http://www.berettausa.com/product/pr...ifles_main.htm
Good luck with your new rifle.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I emailed BerettaUSA about the recall, and the responded by saying that all the effected guns were tracked down and returned for repair. All the Finnlites and Tikka stainless guns out there are pre- or post-recall and are fine. The Finnlights are really nice rifles just from the looks and reputation of them. If I had $1100 to spare I'd own one in a heartbeat.

Mike
Old 04-17-2005, 03:36 AM

thanks for the help But are the worth the money ? at the time I own Remingtons I like them but looking for a lightweight Mag with a detachable magazine any other company offers them in a stainless sythentics combo I dont care for Winchesters or Browning[:'(] I think I"m just used to the Rem.s safety Push your thumb up and your on fire.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Did you a chance to look at the new Savage 10FCM Sierra? This model is new with it’s detachable box and come in the 270 WSM and 300 WSM but doesn’t have the S/S barrel. You can check the link for more information. www.savagearms.com/10fm.htm

Now for your first question, is it worth it. I have the Sako 75 Synthetic Stainless. I haven’t had chance to shot it yet but I can say that I like the removable clip. This was one reason I bought this rifle. It fits in just write without any fussing around. The overall finish on the rifle is very nice and the stock fits me well and that’s why I’m looking at getting a new 75 Finnlight this summer. Is it worth it, it all depends on the one buying it. You would have to go out and handle one to get the feel of the rifle to see how it fits you and see how the synthetic is made with the molded soft grip. Good luck....

Just another note. The safety on the Sako rifles is at the same location as the Remington rifle except you can open the action with the safety being on.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

thanks for the help But are the worth the money ?
I would say, IMO, yes. Remington M700's, while not necessarily a bad rifle, don't hold a candle to the Sako 75 series rifles, unless you're talking about a top end Titanium or custon shop 40X. But the run-of-the-mill M700 BDL isn't even in the same league as a Sako. Find a dealer that stocks both, and compare them side by side and you'll see what I mean. Only you can really say for yourself if they are worth the money to you. The Remington's will usually shoot just fine for most people, are good enough for the deer woods, and cost several hundred dollars less. But if you want a premium, full featured almost custom grade gun at an almost production grade price, then the Sako is a real value over a custom built rifle which can cost 50-500% more than the Sako. It boils down to you having to go out and look at the rifle, hold it, shoulder it, cycle the bolt, manipulate the safety, etc.... Then you'll know if it's worth the money to you.

The Sako has a two position safety, beck for safe and forward for fire just like the M700's. The difference is that the safety, like the rest of the rifle, is smooth as glass, easier to manipulate and much quieter than and M700 I've owned. The safety also, unlike the M700, locks the bolt closed when on safe (an obviously nice feature if you ever hunt in the thick stuff), but there is a little release button that you can press to open the bolt to load/unload the rifle with the safety on.

I have my BerettaUSA 2005 catalog in front on me, and it shows that Sako does not (yet) chamber any of the 75 series rifles in 300 RUM. The Finnlight comes in five magnum chamberings; 7mm Rem Mag, .300 Win Mag, .300WSM, .270 WSM, and 7mm WSM. The Sako 75 Stainless/Synthetic. which lacks the fluted barrel and slightly lighter stock and weighs 7.75lbs vs. the Finnlights 6.5lbs, also comes in .338 Win Mag and .375 H&H.

Mike
Old 04-17-2005, 01:40 PM

once again everyone thanks for the help I will be going to the gun shop after work and check them out might have a new toy!
Old 04-18-2005, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

smitty, let us know what you think of the Finnlight?
Old 04-19-2005, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tikka T3 I'd recommend. Same barrel as a Sako.. Floating barrel, adjustable trigger. Can't beat that each barrel is factory fired 3 rounds 100 yds 1/2 group.

$450-500 less than a Sako. Same Finn quality. Sakos are fine rifles. However, much of the expense is due to the fact that they have slightly different parts in their different rifles/calibers. Tikkas are made reusing many parts that are the same between calibers. Fine rifles.

Quick Reply: Sako finnlight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.