Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Anybody want to talk about BLR'S ? >

Anybody want to talk about BLR'S ?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Anybody want to talk about BLR'S ?

Old 04-11-2005, 05:16 PM

Default RE: Anybody want to talk about BLR'S ?

I did hunt with that 30-06 with out shooting it first , one because it was

open sigths , two my other rifle that had a scope was stolen out of my

truck the night i left to go hunting and there was no time to sight the rifle

in, but that may have been bad on my part , but it a testimony to the BLR

and how good they shoot out of the box! And i have hunted with open

sights all my life and still do.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure which is worse, the fact that you hunting with a brand new rifle that you'd never zeroed, or that you don't seem to think that there was anything wrong with doing it.

I've never had a rifle shoot dead on with open sights, and if any rifle I buy had then I always zero them first even if I intend to mount a scope so I have them for backup. The closest I've ever had one come was my M700 ADL .243. It was 6" low and left out of the box at 100 yards, which is unacceptable.

Like I said, that deer got lucky.

Mike
Old 04-11-2005, 10:46 PM

I feel sorry for you , because you have taken a one time event , which only happened once, and the only reason i put on the post was to make a point about BLR"S ,or maybe it is you never owned a good shooting rifle , i guess thats what happens when you shoot remingtons, as far as my hunting habits go if can't understand certian events led up to me doing that you are narrow minded and should keep your opinins to yourself. I have enough of this web site and the know it alls , ya'll can have it . unless you figure out we"re in this hunting thing together and not against each other the anti -hunters are going to win!!!!!!! so

get bent
Old 04-11-2005, 11:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

unless you figure out we"re in this hunting thing together and not against each other the anti -hunters are going to win!!!!!!!
I'm sorry, but if you do something as stupid and irresponsible as hunt without sighting in your rifle, then YOU are the fuel for the anti's fire, not I. And I have no interest in standing silently in a misguided sense of solidarity with an irresponsible slob like yourself while the anti's use your actions to paint us all with the same brush.

And I can understand that you had a run of bad luck, but that doesn't excuse your action. If you can't take a half an hour out of your day to set up a target and fire a few rounds to zero your rifle, then you are a lazy slob hunter who has no business in the woods representing the rest of us.

narrow minded
If offering pointed criticism of someone who virtually brags about intentionally committing a grossly negligent and irresponsible act fits your definition of "narrow minded," then I accept the title as an honorific.

and should keep your opinins to yourself.
You haven't been around here long have you?! This is something that I just can't do. Right, Bigcountry?

I have enough of this web site and the know it alls , ya'll can have it .
Bu-bye, now! Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out. If your judgement is regularly as poor as I think it is, we're better off without you around, anyway. Not to mention the fact that your complete lack of grammer and punctuation was giving me a headache, anyway. I think your time would be better spent taking an introductory writing class at your nearest community college.

Mike
Old 04-11-2005, 11:19 PM
Fork Horn

Always thought about getting one but then I look at the action and quickly put them down.
All the non bolt action brownings seem to have the same semi auto action modified in some way to cycle via pump, lever gas etc. HAve a Bar and its a pain in the a** to clean. I've been tending towards bolt actions lately simply because they are so quick to clean after a shoot. Finding time to shoot is hard enough. My marlins are also relatively easy since all I really have to clean to insure operation is the barrel and loading ramp and the bolt comes out relatively quickly in any event if a more thorough cleaning is needed. From your experiences, how is it breaking down a BLR to clean? Easy or hard and how long does it take? Always looks like it will be a pain. Don't even use my BAR anymore because of this. take care.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:22 PM

i just realized you a stupid yankee , thats explains everthing.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:26 PM

The BLRs will shoot within .5-1" of most stock otc rifles similarly priced or cheaper. They are DANG good guns for the nostaligia without giving up strength and accuracy. I plan on one day having a .270WSM BLR pistol grip just for the heck of it. The guns feel great and the guns inherent accuracy lends well too the WSMs possibilities.

Good choice,
RA
Old 04-11-2005, 11:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

i just realized you a stupid yankee , thats explains everthing.
Are you still here, Forrest? I thought you said you were leaving, or are you a liar, too? You calling me stupid, now that's a good one. Perhaps if you could write just one correct and coherant sentence, your accusation might carry a little more stang. Forgive me if I don't start doubting my "yankee" intelligence. It's people like you that reassure me that my college money and academic effort has been well spent.

Mike
Old 04-12-2005, 12:04 AM
Fork Horn

Don't want to ruffle any feathers but maybe take it a little easy on the iron sights. Things here shouldn't get so personal. Own quite a few rifles and all of their iron sights are within minute of deer at 100 yards. Don't even bother zeroing the iron sights on my scoped guns and would have no problem hunting using them if any of the scopes were to break etc even though they weren't zeroed, at least at the ranges that i hunt deer at. Pie plate accuracy is expected with most any iron sights you can find. If they are off any it is usually well within minute of deer. Can't see as anyone is a "slob hunter" for using them as is just because you didn't have the chance to test them out. While a scope should definitely be zeroed cuz you never know where they'll hit because the rings may be off center or scope is out of adjustment, where do you draw the line? should I have to zero my rifle before every hunt or Am I a slob for doing it only once before the season. Could bump my scope without even noticing it at any time, am I a slob for not checking every time since they could be off? Half the people I see shooting probably don't even realize they can actually adjust their iron sights, most non shooting hunters probably believe they are set at the factory and can't even be adjusted. take it easy, the post was meant to be in support of the BLR, take it for what it was. And watch that "grammer".
Old 04-12-2005, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love those BLRs. My stepfather has two; one in 308 and one in 243. A couple of years ago I borrowed the 308 to deer hunt one day. Shot an eight point with it at about 50yds. The 243 is going to my kids when they get a little older to deer hunt.

Quick Reply: Anybody want to talk about BLR'S ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.