Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 heres is your answer for wal mart guns.  i work there >

heres is your answer for wal mart guns. i work there

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

heres is your answer for wal mart guns. i work there

Old 04-01-2005, 12:44 PM

Default RE: heres is your answer for wal mart guns. i work there

I used to work at walmart, I redneck stuck in seafood. I bought a T/C PA Carbine 50cal flintlock with my christmas extra discount. They do have good prices on ammo and some sales but I wish they carried names like CZ, stoger, EAA etc. quality stuff at budget prices. I love Gander mountain even more than the Cabelas in West VA. Dicks is alright but I will always browse my local gun dealers also.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im not a big Wal Mart buyer but I do love to go in there simply to enjoy the scenery
Old 04-01-2005, 02:04 PM

haha doe dumper i was just gonna comment on that, my girlfriend goes there and asks me if i want to go with her, i jump to my feet like a flash, they got some real nice scenery there for sure, and thier ammo prices cant be beat.

but if she asks me to go any other store i say you go ahead honey, then i go on here and write more posts, haha.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Doe Dumper

Im not a big Wal Mart buyer but I do love to go in there simply to enjoy the scenery
I must not be the only perv on this site.....My buddy and I would actually leave 15 min early on our indoor bow league night, just to swing past Wal Mart and um.......see if there was anything good in there, I know we're pathetic, but what do you expect from two 30 yr olds who are married with kids???

why does it seem that you can go into 20 diff. stores and not see anything that compares to Wal Mart?? (yeah I know cause all the trashy girls shop there I know)
Old 04-01-2005, 02:33 PM

My dad used to work at #698 but now he works at the newest one in town.

We have bought 3 guns from wal mart and all were real straight shooters.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:40 PM

Wally World may have the best prices on guns but don't ask the kid behind the counter a question. If I want expert advice I go to the local gun shop and pay a few bucks more for the service.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have bought guns at Walmart with no problems. They can always get the Handi Rifles that I want. You guys are right about the other benifits at walmarm.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:09 AM

One thing I have learned, you always have to compare the price to WalMart if you want to get the best deal in town. But, your right about the kid behind the counter. [&:]
Old 04-06-2005, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Original: max the dog

Wally World may have the best prices on guns but don't ask the kid behind the counter a question. If I want expert advice I go to the local gun shop and pay a few bucks more for the service.
While I agree with your statement for the most part, the same can be said for some gun shops. When traveling I try to stop at local gun stores mainly just to look around. You would be suprised at some of the bullcrap some of these guys will try to throw at you. Normally, the people working in gun stores are more experienced and knowledgeable than the sporting goods dept. at WalMart but go in some stores that do not personally know you and you may be suprised.

The biggest difference I have found is this....Ask the guy at WalMart a question and they get a dumb look on their face and say I don't know...I just work here. Ask the guys working at the gun store a question and you normally get a straight answer....sometimes an opinion...but sometimes they try to fill you full of bullcrap to make you think they know what they are talking about. Working behind the counter at a gun store does not automatically make one a firearms expert.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I buy a gun or anything else that I'm going to drop a big dime on, I do my research before I go into a store/dealer. Sometimes if they have a piece of info to share, I will listen to it, but usually they aren't telling me something I haven't heard or read. By the time I set foot in a store, I'm looking for a good price, not advice.

Quick Reply: heres is your answer for wal mart guns. i work there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.