Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 My sis got her 1st firearm >

My sis got her 1st firearm

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

My sis got her 1st firearm

Old 03-26-2005, 09:22 PM

Default My sis got her 1st firearm

Today my sister got her first firearm!! She really likes it even though it ain't that much...its an Air Pistol!!! But she had fun shooting it today though. Wish her luck w/ more powerful hand guns. Thanks
Old 03-27-2005, 12:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My sis got her 1st firearm

Congrats to her and possibly an opened world to the wonderful world of hunting along with it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2005, 09:42 AM

Thanks so much....she wull b very happy u said that. Keeping mailing me!!!!!
Old 03-27-2005, 10:57 AM

ORIGINAL: GaPeach
Today my sister got her first firearm!! She really likes it .....its an Air Pistol!!! But she had fun shooting it today though. Wish her luck w/ more powerful hand guns. Thanks
Congratulations!
An air pistol is a great way to start out. Enjoy it, practice a lot, and remember - safety
first! Bigger and better(?) things to come (22's, etc.).
HAPPY EASTER TO YOU!
Old 03-27-2005, 02:36 PM

Thats the way to go Gapeach,i never did have a air pistol and always wanted one,but had a rifle. great way to start out. have fun. vangunsmith
Old 03-27-2005, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations, Now she will want to start shooting your guns after she gets used to hers. This weekend we were shooting our rifles playing around at the pond and my friends wife wanted to shoot so we gave her a .22 to shoot and after shooting it a few times she wanted to shoot something bigger. She ended up shooting all the guns we had out there including my .450 Marlin, .300 Win Mag, & a .375 H&H. We kept telling her she couldn't shoot the larger guns but the more we told her she couldn't the more she wanted to shoot them. She only weighs about 120 lbs but the recoil didn't seem to bother her. Now she told her husband she wants her own gun. It's funny but everytime we go shooting all the women go to and most of them have their own guns.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Today my sister got her first firearm!! She really likes it even though it ain't that much...its an Air Pistol!!! But she had fun shooting it today though. Wish her luck w/ more powerful hand guns. Thanks
She'll be shooting a .454 Casull before you know it!

It's nice to see the ladies getting involved with the shooting sports, I feel that their participation is VITAL to the continuation of hunting and shooting sports in this nation. My wife, at my behest, is now an avid shooter, and I hope my daughter (who's only two months old tomorrow) will someday also learn to enjoy shooting and hunting. It's inevitably her decision, but if she decides she doesn't want to shoot, she's still gonna spend a lot of time at the range with her folks twiddling her thumbs! [8D]

Mike
Old 03-28-2005, 06:41 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats to your sister! I'm thinking of introducing my nephew to shooting with an daisy bb gun but he's only six. What do you think guys?
Old 03-28-2005, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mite

Congrats to your sister! I'm thinking of introducing my nephew to shooting with an daisy bb gun but he's only six. What do you think guys?
I think it would be a excellent idea. We have kids as yound as 9 that go out deer and hog hunting w/ us. We start them out shooting .22's and after thy get used to them we move them up to larger guns.