Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
My Dream Rifle >

My Dream Rifle

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

My Dream Rifle

Old 09-12-2002, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default My Dream Rifle

Here's what I want. I hunt Deer and Elk and I see this as the best rifle for me. Unfortunately no one makes "this" gun (yet);

.300 Ultra Mag
Detachable external box magazine
Stainless
Composite stock

I know the Browning A-bolt is close but I want a mag. that just drops straight out without opening the hinge plate.

Remington? Browning? Winchester? Are you listening?

Power
http://www.powerandfury.net/hunt.html
Old 09-12-2002, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My Dream Rifle

If anyone knows where I can get this rifle for under $1,000 please let me know.

Power
Old 09-12-2002, 07:55 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-12-2002, 08:02 PM

heck my idea of the perfect rifle is one that won't miss kinda like my Savage .243 never misses and always a one shot kill.
Old 09-12-2002, 08:13 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-12-2002, 09:40 PM
Typical Buck

a 300 ultra mag? why a round that big? i always thought that the winchester 300 mag was kinda on the big side. anywayz. all you need is 1 shot i agree. i like detachable boxes better but hinged aren't bad. i guess this rifle is still your dream rifle because you'll be dreaming for a lil wihle until a gun company makes one of these.

POST A GUNREVIEW TODAY!
http://gunreviews.to.gs
Old 09-13-2002, 04:18 PM

Power gregwth7mmmag

Certainly must be some merit in what gregwth7mmmag says. I note that not even Sako provides a removable mag for any of their rifles that they have chambered for the 300 Ultra mag. If Sako could have offered a removable mag I'm sure they would have. gg.

"Good judgement comes from experience,
and experience comes from bad judgement."
Old 09-13-2002, 11:03 PM

A detachable magazine wouldn't work because it is so long. You would have to seat the bullets to deep. I agree with the other replies, if you hit an animal with the 300 Ultra Mag you don't have much of an animal left. One shot one animal unless you miss

Why work when you can hunt???? Heck why work at all!!
Old 09-17-2002, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for all the replies. I didn't know that about the length being an issue but I see what you mean. Perhaps I should look for this rifle in 300 WSM instead? Might be good enough for what I need. I don't need the 300 UM but I have several friends that have them and they are all nice guns and shoot very well. Would hate to be "out-gunned" by my buds

The main reason I'm thinking of changing is my 7mm Browning just isn't accurate. I've tried about everything short of a new barrel but I just can't get good accuracy with her. Usually nothing better than 2" at 100 yds with handloads (and also with all manufacturer's ammo). Instead of pulling out my hair with this gun I figure I should just upgrade to a new one. I'd like one that is big enough to hunt Moose and Bear if I ever go that way but I can only afford to have 1 big game rig.

I'm kind of leaning toward the Christianson Arms Carbon rifle. Anyone tried one of these?

Power
Old 09-17-2002, 09:16 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: My Dream Rifle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.