Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 problem with my BAR >

problem with my BAR

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

problem with my BAR

Old 03-07-2005, 05:48 PM

Default problem with my BAR

so i go out the other day with my new to me can't even tell it's ever been shot Bar MKII lightweight .270. after my first 4 shot's i pick up my empty shell's and find that the neck end of the case on all 4 is bent in. almost like the extractor is kicking them out to fast. i can take a loaded round and pull the bolt open and it ejects with no problem. do you think this is something i could do on my own or should i take it to a smith? i don't reload so i'm not worried about the case's but i am worried about the aluminum reciever. thank's for any replie's.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: problem with my BAR

Rav....are these reloads?
Have Bar{FN} .338, never had that problem.
Could be what the others are saying, check with Browning.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

My suggestion is go to Brownings site.Get the contact inf. I would call them and ask them what the problem might be. It might be a simple adjustment of some kind.Chances are they will want you to return it to them.Hopefully this time of year they won't be backlogged.It should be covered by their warranty?You'll have to pay the shipping out.

www.browning.com

Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cases get dinged pretty easily from a BAR and the same has happened to me with a 30-06 and a 7 rem mag. Autoloaders are not easy on spent hull. For peace of mind contact Browning on their 800 line and they will talk you thru it.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

OEH, I haven't noticed that with mine.Neither have been fired much. Mine are the MKII Stalkers like his is.One is a 270 and the other is a 30-06.Maybe this is normal with the BAR's.Calling Browning would be his beat bet getting it resolved if there is a problem.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-07-2005, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

RR Oh yeah it happened all the time with my BARs. .
Old 03-07-2005, 08:15 PM
bigcountry

Same thing with my 7400s and BAR. They are so rough on necks.

Old 03-08-2005, 03:52 AM

Rebel Hog,
no they are not reload's, they are 130gr corelokts

Ruger-Redhawk
unfortunately, i bought this gun used only becuase i could not find a flaw on it. so there is no warranty. i will probably call browning and see if they can help with some advice if not i'll call my local smith. the main thing i'm worried about is the reciever over time i'm worried it will start to wear. thank's again for your replies.

also, my buddy has a bar safari in 30-06 and his does not have this problem.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RavKX250

so i go out the other day with my new to me can't even tell it's ever been shot Bar MKII lightweight .270. after my first 4 shot's i pick up my empty shell's and find that the neck end of the case on all 4 is bent in. almost like the extractor is kicking them out to fast. i can take a loaded round and pull the bolt open and it ejects with no problem. do you think this is something i could do on my own or should i take it to a smith? i don't reload so i'm not worried about the case's but i am worried about the aluminum reciever. thank's for any replie's.
I have found this to be true with my remington 742 and my buddies 7400 and federal ammunition with my mini-14, semi auto rifles are rough on case necks. I wouldnt be alarmed about it , I never was figured it was normal since ive run into this with several different rifles. good luck
Old 03-08-2005, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks OEH, I never noticed that. I will watch next time out.I appreciate the inf.

Rav, Browning will most likely cover it if there is a problem.Don't offer any information that you bought it used.After reading other comments here sounds like it's the norm with these semi auto's.I learn something new everyday.

Ruger Redhawk

Quick Reply: problem with my BAR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.