Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 what to buy?  buckmark, ruger mkIII, or other >

what to buy? buckmark, ruger mkIII, or other

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

what to buy? buckmark, ruger mkIII, or other

Old 03-04-2005, 07:49 PM

Default what to buy? buckmark, ruger mkIII, or other

im looking into a blowback design rimfire auto pistol with a 5-8" bull bbl.

the things i care about are speed, accuracy, and it costing under 425.00

any suggestions or recomendation?

waiting 2 weeks to buy so lets give advice.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:39 PM

Default RE: what to buy? buckmark, ruger mkIII, or other

I own a buckmark varmint and target 5.5 and love them both .got to your dealer and see what feels best.Ruger ,buckmark,trailsides are all accurate guns.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

I have the MK II bull barrel and like it very much. when I get to go rabbit hunting it's what I take most of the time. I haven't seen the changes from MK II to III but they read pretty minor
Old 03-05-2005, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Ruger Mark II and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I paid less than $300 for it several years ago and was surprised to find out how much they cost now. We shoot turtles on our pond and I can shoot as well w/ the pistol as they are doing w/ a scoped Ruger 10/22.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Ruger Standard which was given to me in bad cosmetic shape. I fixed it up and made some new target style grips for it out of rosewood. It shoots great to this day. My mom uses it to shoot pests with back home. My wife and I both have 22/45's and they both shoot very well. Ruger is probably the best built value in a 22 pistol and highly accurate.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for the Ruger.I haven't looked at a MarkIII yet. I know the mark I's and II's were great guns. I have no reason to doubt the MarkIII's would be any different.For the money you can't beat the Ruger.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-05-2005, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

id take the buckmark over the ruger any day.....dad bought me a buckmark.....and bought himself a mark II with the bull barrel.....mine is the buckmark standard...both shoot the same....GREAT accuracy......both work flawlessly....we used to goto the range every saturday for about a year with a brick of ammo and blast away....only reason id take the buckmark is the ease of cleaning....i cleaned my buckmark and my FLINTLOCK before dad could clean his ruger...we clean our pistols the same way....he taught me how...i do it like him....take it completely apart....clean the barrel......and clean everything spotless.....and reassmble...the ruger was just a PIA to take apart and reassemble.....my dad been around guns all his life....and keeps them all VERY clean....he can take most any pistol apart and put it back together with no troubles....but ive never seen him fight with something like that ruger...he finally quit....he sprays it out with gunk out or something like that...and cleans what he can....every once in a while when its really bad he fights and takes it apart and cleans it properly..ill stick with the buckmark just for that fact...simple to take apart...and works and shoots just as good as the ruger....
Old 03-05-2005, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's funny, never had any trouble taking a Ruger apart nor putting it back together. Guess some folks just aren't as mechanically inclined. Then again I suppose there are a few tricks to it, but when in doubt, read the manual.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:54 PM
Typical Buck

I'd also go with the Ruger. Yes, they can be a little difficult to take down, but once you get the hang of it, its not too bad. The Buckmark is a good 22lr, but the Ruger is superior should you decide to customize it for even better accuracy. Like the 10/22, there are custom companies that can do wonders for the MK series of pistols that will make them real tack drivers!! Like I said, the Buckmark is a fine factory gun, but it don't compare to the Ruger when it comes to tricking one out.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd say Ruger also. Either one of the MK models or a 22/45 model. Both use the same uppers so which ever grip is more comfortable for you. 22/45 will generally be less expensive.

Quick Reply: what to buy? buckmark, ruger mkIII, or other

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.