Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 NEW 05 Thumbhole Stock from T/C Encore >

NEW 05 Thumbhole Stock from T/C Encore

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

NEW 05 Thumbhole Stock from T/C Encore

Old 03-02-2005, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default NEW 05 Thumbhole Stock from T/C Encore

Not sure if anyone has tried these yet as TC just came out with them this year, but I bet some of you guys have Boyds or other laminated one's on your Encores.

Any experience on a thumbhole for the Encore? Does the thumbhole feature become a detractant due to the hammer cocking when your ready to take that shot? Seems like all the reasons I like them would be canceled by the weird hand movement needed when you need to pull that hammer back and that deer is looking at you.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:06 AM

Default RE: NEW 05 Thumbhole Stock from T/C Encore

Get one of those hammer spurs that they make for scoped Encores. Should help with cocking the hammer, besides why are you trying to cock the hammer when the deer is looking at you?
Old 03-03-2005, 03:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: NEW 05 Thumbhole Stock from T/C Encore

You'd better check with T/C before adding a hammer extention. There was a post on here a few months ago where someone said T/C would void the warranty if an extention was used. They claimed it put the action in a bind from the hammer not being pulled straight back. But, I don't recall whether that was ever confirmed or not.