Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
ideas on binoculars >

ideas on binoculars

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

ideas on binoculars

Old 09-10-2002, 06:03 PM

Default ideas on binoculars

I been looking for a good par of binoculars,
there are to many out there.

what do you thing about leupold wind river 10+42
or nikon?

this is for antelope hunting.
thanks
Old 09-10-2002, 06:16 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-10-2002, 08:43 PM

Default RE: ideas on binoculars

muzzy 125
Check out the Bausch & Lomb Elite series. I've done quite a bit of research recently because of also needing to purchase new binocs. For my money nothing else even comes close to these for any where near the price and you'll have to pay a lot more to get just marginally better, even then you wont get RainGuard. Check out the quality and features. Try to demo a pair...you wont believe how bright they are. I'll have my 8 x 42's before moose season.

http://www.bushnell.com/productinfo/...ars/elite.html

"Good judgement comes from experience,
and experience comes from bad judgement."
Old 09-11-2002, 04:48 AM

muzy 125...

i don't have a pair of leupold binoc's, but i do have a pair of cannon 8X32 binoc's. cost me about $160.00 5 years ago. nice crisp and claer for what i need them for. sometimes it does have problems with it fogging up when i first take the caps off but i have had the same with my leupold scope with butler caps. ( something to do with the differant temps ( as i was told ).

Old 09-11-2002, 04:50 AM

could not edit so bear with me..

when it says 10X42 or 8X32 does that mean it can zoom up to 10 or 8 power with a 32 or 42 mm obj lens?

Old 09-11-2002, 06:35 AM

10x40 means ten power with 40mm objective lense diameter. Go ahead and spend the money for a really good pair if you plan on using them regularly. I have spent enough money over the years on bargain stuff to buy two or three good glasses. I finally broke down and bought a pair of Zeiss 10x40's a couple of years ago. Now I dont get headaches after glassing for three hours. I think that generally speaking you will get what you pay for in binoculars. The more you spend the better off you will be. Im sure there are exceptions, but do your homework and buy something good. You wont regret it later.

Old 09-11-2002, 11:27 AM
jed
Fork Horn

definately buy the best optics that you can afford. There isn't much difference in the 200 to 300 dollar range the 500 to 700 dollar stuff is marginally better but the real leap is with the higher end stuff. If you glass continuously, day in day out. If the hunt is about more than meat in the freezer you will appreciate the better optics. We have all missed game that was there because we didn't see it. Better optics improve our chances of the really succesful hunt. The Japanese have steadily been increasing the quality of their stuff, and it is nice and light, there are so many binoculars to choose from because there are so many different applications to use them. As far as Antelope go the 10X42 are a good choice. Wind River is a nice product. I think you will be happy with them. A friend just bought a pair of Nikon. These are the telescoping model. I didn't like them, but he does and the reduced weight is a big plus if you have to move around alot.

Old 09-11-2002, 12:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Buy the best you can afford. I have bought more than a couple of pairs of binoculars and now own Leica Trinovids and am glad I do. Every person that has looked thru them and was interested in new binos ended up buying a pair. If you are looking for the best bang for the buck contact www.eagleoptics.com and get one of their experts on you will be pleasantly surprised.
Old 09-12-2002, 07:19 AM

How much are looking on spending. If you the best they last you forever. If you buy cheap you will always be replacing them if you use binocs a lot. You may also get frustrated The other day i was looking at some Swarovski and Leica. both were 10x42 and were both 1000.00 and there was no difference. I looked at the Nikon Monarch which were 274.99 afterward and i was ready to vomit. But thats compared to a Swarovski or Leica. If you want a good pair get the Nikon Monarch they looked to be the same as Pentax 10x42 that were 450.00. Nikon has a 25year no fault poilicy. If you break and its your fault they replace it free. The only bad thing is they aren't made in the USA.

Why work when you can hunt???? Heck why work at all!!
Old 09-15-2002, 06:40 PM

I have had the nikon travlelite for about 4 years now and love them. They are small and compact and come with the carring case that fits on your belt. I think I paid about 110 bucks for them 4 years ago.

Quick Reply: ideas on binoculars

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.