Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Double Barrels >

Double Barrels

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Double Barrels

Old 09-10-2002, 01:24 PM
tk
Spike

Default Double Barrels

I think i posted this before but can't find it so i will ask again. Who makes a good double barel (side by side)?
Thankx
Old 09-11-2002, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Double Barrels

Ruger is coming out with a SxS.If it's anything like the Red Label O/U,it should be a very nice gun.A few others are L.C.Smith,Fox,Merkel(very,very expensive).Check out some gun shows-you'll find quite an assortment of doubles.
Old 09-11-2002, 09:52 AM

Default RE: Double Barrels

there was a good article in one of the gun rags this month...Gun World?? I can't remember... but it's about the Grulla, imported from Spain. The lower end doubles are about 7000 dollars, according to the article, and go on up to 20,000 or so. I think the article was by Jan Libourel. The magazine has a picture of the shotgun on the cover. I think if I were going to buy a good sxs I would be looking in the Gun List for used Winchesters or even a Parker reproduction. Those are some really nice shotguns. The last time I priced a Parker, they were running about 3000 dollars or so... I think you can get a nice used Winchester for about half that...

"Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness..those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." Santayana