Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Leupold Scopes? >

Leupold Scopes?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Leupold Scopes?

Old 02-27-2005, 05:25 PM

Default RE: Leupold Scopes?

Burris fullfield II 4.5-14 .......w/ balistic plex.......for the money and performance...the only way to go...Regards, Rick
Old 02-27-2005, 05:51 PM

i agree. the nikon pro staff & buckmaster,i've tried some of the others in that price range,nikon for is the one for that amount of money
Old 02-27-2005, 05:54 PM

go with a Simmons AETEC
Old 02-28-2005, 09:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am buying a Leupold, the Rifleman or VX-I.
That's as sorry a collection of scopes to pick from that I have seen in a while. Bushnell 3200,Nikon Monarch(not much more),Simmons Aetec and probably a few more in that price range.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:48 AM

I went and looked on Saturday. I tried out three scopes and actually liked the sight picture better on the Rifleman than the more expensive leupold (VX-II, which I did not like a at all) and I believe a Burris. I am going back on Friday to make my final decision, but will definitely check ot the simmons, Burris and Nikons. Thanks for all your comments.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can slam Leupolds all you want but I have an old Vari-X III that I've had on my Sako for ten years. A couple of years ago I slid off of a ATV bridge on my lease into a freezing cold creek. Threw me about 10-15 feet down the creek with my rifle right beside me. Cleaned the rifle and shot it that afternoon. Still right on the money. This scope hasn't lost any clarity in ten years. I like Bushnells also, but for my "go to" rifle I would only use the Leupold's VIII if it is anything like the Vari X III.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

You can slam Leupolds all you want but I have an old Vari-X III that I've had on my Sako for ten years. A couple of years ago I slid off of a ATV bridge on my lease into a freezing cold creek. Threw me about 10-15 feet down the creek with my rifle right beside me. Cleaned the rifle and shot it that afternoon. Still right on the money. This scope hasn't lost any clarity in ten years. I like Bushnells also, but for my "go to" rifle I would only use the Leupold's VIII if it is anything like the Vari X III.
SO on my first elk hunt I took a Swarovski 1.5-6x42(30mm) on a 7 Rem mag and slipped on some rocks and the fell on the gun. DInged the objective bell pretty well , gun never lost zero. Same hunt fellow with a Vari-x III 2.5-8x36 banged up his scope and the glass in the objective shattered. VX-III's are not anywhere what a Vari-x III was except in price. They have a 3 piece tube not 1 piece like the Old vari-x III's. SO whats your point ? Are Leupolds rugged ..answer is yes are they the best and the answer is no.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:39 AM
bigcountry

Dad gone guys, you all are a little rough on the leupys. Have any of you guys even had one of the rifleman or just department store evaluators? I mean it ain't my first choice but it ain't that bad. I mounted one for my brothers 204, and it works. You look thru it, you aim you fire. It works.

Oldelk, I listened to ya about the ziess, and did a fair infield comparison. I just don't see it, and I look thru optics, microscopes, all day long for a living.

Old 02-28-2005, 12:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oldelk, I listened to ya about the ziess, and did a fair infield comparison. I just don't see it, and I look thru optics, microscopes, all day long for a living.
I think an eye exam is in order BC
Old 02-28-2005, 12:17 PM

Did not intend to start such controversy, but I do appreciate the views. My knowledge of scopes is admittedly non-existent to weak. I think it is definitely improving, improving. Shot a .30-30 with iron sights for deer and borrowed a scoped .300 for elk, so I don't have any experience buying scopes. Thanks again

Quick Reply: Leupold Scopes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.