Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Ruger 44 Mag Carbine Help >

Ruger 44 Mag Carbine Help

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ruger 44 Mag Carbine Help

Old 02-19-2005, 07:52 AM

Default Ruger 44 Mag Carbine Help

I have a 1970's vintage Ruger 44 Mag Carbine. I'v had jamming problems with it for years. There is a pin in the lifter assembly that works its way out and hangs up the lifter assembly. My gun smith says that the entire lifter assembly needs to be replaced. I called Ruger and they no longer have parts for this rifle. They suggested that I call Jack First. Again they have nothing. I have used a couple of search engines and not come up with anything in stock. So, I am looking for a lifter assembly and I'm wondering if anyone here might be able to point me in a direction.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:00 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ruger 44 Mag Carbine Help

Good luck!
I just picked one up in a package deal that I parted out to fix the one my grandfather left me. Like you I was unable to find anything parts wise available. Hell you cant even buy anything like a stock unless you buy the original mahogany one and even then Ruger will tell you they don't have it.

Your gunsmith should be able to build the part you need or certainly the local machine shop can.

We have a smith here that specializes in that, but at a high price

Brad

ps Try Midwestgunworks.com
Old 02-19-2005, 03:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Try Numrich arms do a search on them I think their site is E-gunparts. I bet they have what you need
Old 02-19-2005, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the forum PHatBoy. You are correct Ruger doesn't have parts for these and they won't work on them any longer.I might suggest going over to www.rugerforum.com These guys know their Ruger's.I picked up one of these up almost two years ago. Mine's unfired.Mine if I remember correctly was the later run of them before they discontinued them.Just the other day someone mentioned he was having problems with his.Ruger told him the same thing. There are allot of good guys over there and if they can help you they will.Of course you'll have to register before you can post.Good luck see you over there.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-19-2005, 06:07 PM

Thanks for your responses. I have tried Numrich. they say to keep checking back evry 30 days or so. I'll the www.rugerforum.com. That sounds like that may be the ticket.

PhatBoy
Old 02-20-2005, 11:40 AM

Rugerforum.com says it's not accepting new memberships at this time? Does that make sense to anyone? In that are they getting the same thing?
Old 02-20-2005, 01:23 PM

Yes, That is what I am getting. I sent an email asking when they would be accepting new registrations again. I haven't heard back.

I was wondering if someone who is registered would post my question.

Thanks

PhatBoy
Old 02-20-2005, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gezzz...I didn't know that. They just upgraded it making it much faster.Phatboy email me your question and I'll post it for you.Once it's on at least you'll be able to read what they have to say. I hope it's temporary that they aren't accepting new members.I know you want to know about a new lifter assembly. Anything else?Another thing you can do is go to that forum and look under the Classifieds( swap and sell ) section.You never know someone might have parts listed for the carbine for sale.We'll see what we can do to help you.I have no experience with these carbines until I bought that one almost two years ago.It's still unfired and I plan on keeping it that way.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-20-2005, 02:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

RR I am kinda surprised your buying Rugers
Old 02-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

PHatBoy I went and posted your question for you. It's under the Carbine Corner section.Read it and see if that's what you wanted to ask. If not let me know and I'll edit it for you.That post is only one of two in that section.I'm not a Smith but there has to be a way to stop that pin from backing out.I would suggest taking it to another gunsmith to evaluate it.We'll play it by ear and see what happens.

Ruger Redhawk

Quick Reply: Ruger 44 Mag Carbine Help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.