Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
New Remington Clips ? Whats the deal ? >

New Remington Clips ? Whats the deal ?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New Remington Clips ? Whats the deal ?

Old 09-07-2002, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default New Remington Clips ? Whats the deal ?

Looked at a new Rem. 7400 and 7600 this morning. The clips were different from the ones 2-3 yrs ago. They hang down farther and looked different than the ones on last years models. Whats the deal ? I was going to buy one this morning but now I'm hesitating because of the new clip design. I never had any jams or trouble with the old ones. Help me out here.
Old 09-07-2002, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Remington Clips ? Whats the deal ?

Actually the models you mentioned use magazines, not clips. Clips don't have a spring while magazines do.
Old 09-07-2002, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Frizzellr you are correct again about magazines VS clips...358 If the magazines concern you not working in your rifle correctly email Remington and ask them what the difference is in the newer oposed to older ones. I'm sure they will both work. Probably just cosmetic. Ruger Redhawk

Support the NRA...Protecting our Gun Rights and Freedoms is everybody's responsibility. Ruger Redhawk A proud NRA Life Member since 1977.
Old 09-09-2002, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

Actually I called Remington this morning and was told they were cheaper to mfg. but the old style clip would also work. Just a design thing but not for the better in my opinion. But, I don't trust them untill I try it.
Old 09-09-2002, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

.358 Glad you got your answer.That's no surprise to me that Remington is making a cheaper magazine.Look at some the rifles in the last couple years. 597 and the good old 710.Those are just two examples of Remington's better ideas.LOL.Hope the new magazine works okay in your rifle Ruger Redhawk

Support the NRA...Protecting our Gun Rights and Freedoms is everybody's responsibility. Ruger Redhawk A proud NRA Life Member since 1977.
Old 09-09-2002, 10:06 PM

Like i have said in the past . i have bought my last NEW remington and i am a remington man. they are really throwing away a good thing. they had a lot of loyal customers that have become disgusted with there cost cutting lack of quality. i will still buy used older remingtons because so many after market companys make parts for them.
But i did fondle a browning ,yes a browning , A bolt the other day in 270 wsm and kind of got to thinking.

SOUTH ARKANSAS REBEL
Old 09-10-2002, 04:09 AM

i don't like the ones that were made two years ago. i had to go through (4) differant magazines ( see frizz ! i finally call them magazines now ! ) and found that they each had differant problems with them in my rem 7600.
i just hope remington goes back to fixing their qualitiy first then secondly after that go back to coming out with new things.