Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Burris Fullfield? >

Burris Fullfield?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Burris Fullfield?

Old 01-28-2005, 11:23 PM

Default RE: Burris Fullfield?

bigbulls, did you read the link to opticstalk above from jreddish? Very depressing. We are not going to be able to keep up with these changes. They are not compelled to put out press releases every time they make a change in where they buy parts. Thanks for the post jreddish.

We're losing the war guys, slowly but surely, and we all contribute. Asians are willing to work harder for less money. They don't demand that their employers pay health benefits for their straight and gay spouses, and grant family medical leave. They don't sue their employers' tails off and expect to collect sick pay when they get paper cuts. If they don't perform they are out of a job, without a lawyer to convince a judge that it's the employers fault. They don't fake back injuries to get time off to hunt. They can't sue for hostile work environment when the boss says they need to pick up the pace.

This country has got to wake up. I don't believe in protectionism because it won't work, but we should be fighting for clearly marked country of origins so we can choose American products when we want. These days you just can't tell.

Sorry for the politics. Back to the forum. I love hunting, don't you?
Old 01-29-2005, 12:19 AM

ORIGINAL: jones123

Zeiss Conquest is entirely US made. All other Zeisses are eurpoean.
Correction - Zeiss Conquest is entirely US assembled. Lenses are from a number of sources. Just checked up on my own statement.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just emailed Burris this evening myself...it should be interesting to see if I get a response. I stated it was pretty underhanded to wrap themselves in the flag and sneak stuff in here thats Aisan made on people who think they are buying American. Im thinking thats bordering on criminal. Scat...a company that makes engine parts found this out the hard way. Jones the truth may hurt pal but you just nailed it!! Thankfuly mine is stamped USA or it woulda been headed back in a hurry.

Is there any companies making scopes that are all-American now or it is a pipe dream?

newguy223 I think you have stirred some people up on this one...lol.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

I just emailed Burris this evening myself...it should be interesting to see if I get a response. I stated it was pretty underhanded to wrap themselves in the flag and sneak stuff in here thats Aisan made on people who think they are buying American. Im thinking thats bordering on criminal. Scat...a company that makes engine parts found this out the hard way. Jones the truth may hurt pal but you just nailed it!! Thankfuly mine is stamped USA or it woulda been headed back in a hurry.
That is why I did not buy a Burris. Notice the "Made in USA" still on the Fullfield II page.

It's not the fact that it's made in the Philipines, so are my two Aetecs and I love them. It's because Burris is not being honest to it's customers. They are lying and hiding behind the American flag. I chose not to buy their product since they can't be honest with their customers.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like some deception going on at Burris. Notice the email stated some Fullfiels II's were made abroad and others were made here. I wonder if those scopes that come in the package deal with the spotting scopes are the ones made overseas? It will be interesting to see what kind of responses others get from Burris.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:37 AM

ORIGINAL: Doe Dumper

Is there any companies making scopes that are all-American now or it is a pipe dream?
Accoring to my research, which consists mostly of just reading that swfa forum, Burris can still claim to be the most American, just not 100%. We're going to see more makers mark their stuff with the minimum they legally can, because they don't want to boast a USA label one year and then have to remove it the next when they start to buy foriegn parts to stay competitive. So even USA made isn't as clearly marked anymore.

Have you seen how much stuff from Cabela's says "imported"? No slam on Cabela's, just an example. It is we buyers who must keep trying to make USA products competitive by demanding clearly marked origins.

In their defense, it also gets very confusing when you have to decide if one small screw cap made in Sri Lanka, for example, disqualifies your made in USA claim. The laws are confusing. A US manufacturer might be buying a US made component for their product, but part of that component is imported.

I have learned all this by trying to buy US at all times and asking questions, but with internet and expedient shipping and fast markets, it is almost impossible.

Oops, sorry again for the politics. I sure love to hunt!

Below is a picture I copied from the swfa forum to show how Burris changed their boxes.

Old 01-29-2005, 08:24 AM
Fork Horn

Ahhh Haa !!

look at the box !!

They can't even get the flag right. As an American, I'm insulted ! [:@]
They may as well be made in France

LOL J/k, thought I would mention that gimpy looking flag.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

In fairness, Leupolds lenses aren't even made in america... To me the made in America thing is not that important, My only issue comes to service and when companies service centers are in asia, that is a major problem, or they outsource their customer service to India, it is amazingly annoying.

I hate to say it, but probably the best optic people are german; Zeiss, Swarovski, etc. not to mention the best mass produced guns aren't American, Sako, Anschutz, etc. I don't know what the problem is, I fear it is something to do with our legal system, such as making the gun producers make retarded triggers...
Old 01-29-2005, 09:42 AM

ORIGINAL: newguy23

I fear it is something to do with our legal system, such as making the gun producers make retarded triggers...
Yes, you nailed it. Liability and the never-ending laws that require makers of products to take care of all their employees needs, on and off the job, and severely limits their ability to expect more work in return.

Edit - some liability and some employee benefits are a good thing - makes America great - but we have gone too far and are being done in by foreign competition.

OK, I did it again, that's my last political post. I love my Burris and my Zeiss.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

No need apologizing when ya right jones and newguy... I dont think anyone is mad as much of the fact hat Burris is using some offshore labor as they fact that they are still flag wrapping. I may be one of the few who tries to buy American every chance I can.....but its getting tougher.

Quick Reply: Burris Fullfield?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.