Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 New Winchester Model 94AE 30-30 >

New Winchester Model 94AE 30-30

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New Winchester Model 94AE 30-30

Old 01-22-2005, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default New Winchester Model 94AE 30-30

i just bought a used but in very good shape a winchester 94AE 30-30. it had a Weaver 4X scope with see through rings. i paid 250$. i think i got a good deal(Very excited). i can't wait until the temperature gets about 0 up here in Maine so i can go shoot it. I have a question about it. When the crosshairs are right on the target and i look throught my open sights it seems the the open sights are way off to the right and a little low. is that something i can fix when i sight my rifel in? if i take the rifle off my soldier so i get a birds eye view over the scope i think the scope points a little more to the left. i took the scope off and put it back on but it seems the same. am i just over reacting?
Old 01-23-2005, 05:48 AM

Default RE: New Winchester Model 94AE 30-30

I'm a newbe here but I'll throw a few suggestions in for you to try. Most times I use a Bore sighter and line up my scope, with that the results are satisfying to me anyway. It sounds like the scope rings are out of adjustment with the barrel, if the rings have tightening screws on each side it may be that one side is screwed in/out moreso than the other side is which is throwing the scope out of alignment. I've found that to be the case 9 out of 10 times, by comparing the scope alignment with iron sights, normally the iron sight picture is what it should be not the scope picture. Maybe I haven't helped much here, but it's pretty hard for me to explain something at times. I would just keep adjusting the scope rings until it came into the general location that the iron sights do and then adjust the elevation/windage on the scope itself when I get to the range to fire the rifle.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:45 AM

Default RE: New Winchester Model 94AE 30-30

If you are keeping the rifle to your shoulder and looking through the scope then the open sights it will move even if you think youre holding steady . Sand bag it on a bench and without touching the rifle look to see where both sights are zeroed . I usually sight in my scope then the open sights . Just worry about one sight at a time ...Good Luck- Go RED SOX .