Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Anybody ever shot a FiveSeveN? >

Anybody ever shot a FiveSeveN?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Anybody ever shot a FiveSeveN?

Old 01-21-2005, 04:44 PM
bigcountry

Default Anybody ever shot a FiveSeveN?

Got a few friends in with the G-Men, and was telling about evaluating a 5.7X28mm pistol round. Marketed mostly by FN Hertal. He was telling me it was like a 40gr projectile that was kicking 2200fps, and penetrated the best Kevlar and had no recoil.

Said it was much more deadly than a 9mm nato round. I am sure these piercing rounds are for Law enforement only. Thought it was interesting.

Old 01-21-2005, 05:26 PM
Spike

Default RE: Anybody ever shot a FiveSeveN?

I bought a FN monday I am wating on the ammo to come in . I got a good deal on it $ 799.00, it has 3-20 round mags .I. thought I would buy one befor they put a band on them
Old 01-22-2005, 10:59 AM
bigcountry

Looks pretty mean. I was thinking however it isn't much different than say a 22 hornet pistol.

Old 01-23-2005, 01:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

my dealer here in town carries them, anyone can buy them just good luck finding fmj ammo. the only ammo he can get and what i could find online is either soft point or hollow point. maybe the fmj stuff is LE restricted.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

i heard on the news today the antigunners are really getting after this one because it supposedly pierces body armor which it could but only with proper ammuntion designed for armor piercing which is already highly regulated as we all know, if their worried about it so much...... I think if i were a cop wearing body armor i would be more worried about being shot by a BFR in 450 marlin then the five seven for starters that 5.7 mm round doesnt have whole lot of energy anyway so after penetrating body armor it would use most of it energy up, id imagine by the time it got through the kevlar it would have hardly any energy maybe that of a 22 short... the 450 marlin on the other hand though in a soft point round may not pierce body armor but imagine just the brute force of the hit, if you didnt die from the shock, i bet the internal bleeding and blood clots from bruising will get ya. anyway just had to throw in a few more cents on this one, the anti gunners and their rediculous efforts.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

HDW - I beg to differ on the amount of energy expelled into the person after making it through a Kevlar vest with this round.

My point is this. Kevlar vests are bullet resistant, NOT knife resistant. Same principal here, as with a knife, it basically splits the fibers in the Kevlar. A small diameter FMJ would do the same here. The pointed bullet would be able to slice through the fibers and compounds of the vest more easily than a larger diameter bullet, ie: 9mm, .40, .45, etc., and will do so with expelling LESS percentage of its energy in the vest itself.

Just an observation that I had.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am not anti gun in any way but I wonder why they need to develope rounds that defeat body armour. Whats the sense of it and its no suprise from the articles I have read on it that the antis, who also read that crap, would be up in arms. We all know that guns don't kill people on there own but to those who don't see it this way, its just more fuel to there fire.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:59 PM

James I trust you are not anti gun as stated. I was naieve like you in my younger years. Then you find out that its all BS. Almost any centerfire rifle round penetrates a vest. The thugs now are aware of handgun bullets not penetrating vests and go for hits other than in the vest anyway. Crossbows have been used by gangs. The arrow or knife slices right through it.

Years ago we had some early leadless technology to prevent lead poisoning in indoor ranges yet it was found the coating was slick and penetrated vests. So it was banned. Never mind the fact that its been illegal to shoot or kill a police officer here in the states since 1776+/-

Its all BS as stated. The antis will do anything they need to and I'm tired of caving in to their whims.

Years ago they made the production of full auto weapons illegal(new prodcution) yet at that time not one legal full auto had ever been used in a crime. THEN one finally was. But of all things it belonged to a police officer.

They use all the media hype to want to ban the 50s. Why? First off they are so high in price not everyone can afford one. Secondly most everyone that has one is a lawabiding citizen, not a crazed sniper of civy targets.

I fail to see why we should not be allowed what we want. We already go through a background check and have proven ourselves. Why put further restrictions on it?

Jeff
Old 01-29-2005, 06:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have been shooting handguns for 48 years and I didn't just fall off a cabbage truck. But read the hype that the company themselves are putting out. WE DON"T NEED THAT KIND OF CRAP printed by the companies that want us to defend them from law suits. Its fine for people who would want a gun like that to have it. However a little darn common sense in advertising wouldn't hurt either. They are trying to appeal to the Rambo group with that kind of reviews. I don't like it and I don't care who knows it. Its my gun rights that are at stake. It is BS for sure but why incourage it.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:27 PM
bigcountry

James from what I understand from my friends in the service, it was meant for a gun to incapacitate not be a man stopper, piece armor, have almost no recoil, carry alot of rounds, and be fairly quiet, and easly accept a suppressor. I don't think it was ever marketed for going to the range by us simple folks. I was told it wasn't even marketed towards law enforement. Just a certain segment of law enforement thats not very public. I mean the only people I know who has shot it was testing for goverment purposes.

Where us regular folks want a weapon to knock a intruder clear thru a wall.

Quick Reply: Anybody ever shot a FiveSeveN?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.