Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Zeiss Conquest vs. Kahles scope on TC Omega? >

Zeiss Conquest vs. Kahles scope on TC Omega?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Zeiss Conquest vs. Kahles scope on TC Omega?

Old 01-14-2005, 01:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default Zeiss Conquest vs. Kahles scope on TC Omega?

What I want to do is buy one really good scope to put on my Omega. The Zeiss Conquest runs at about $500 and Kahles runs at about $680. That is the max I will spend.
Any feedback on either scope or if these scopes are compatiable with the Omega is much appreciated.
I want to get quick release base/rings so I could also use this scope on my Winchester 7wsm on the rare ocassions I go out west or hunt black bear.

-Mathewsconquest2
Old 01-14-2005, 02:08 PM

Default RE: Zeiss Conquest vs. Kahles scope on TC Omega?

I would go with the Zeiss Conquest. I recently put a 3-9x40 on my ML and I'm VERY pleased with it. Used to think Leupold was the only way to go......not so sure now! The Conquest line of scopes are as good as everyone says they are. I am a believer in them now!
Old 01-14-2005, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Conquest is a "QUALITY" scope...
Old 01-14-2005, 10:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a Conquest mounted on my ML and 7mm rem mag, been extremely pleased with them in all aspects.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

While the conquest is certainly an excelent scope IMO it isn't in the same league as the Kahles.

What conquest are you looking at puting on a ML that costs you $500. A 3-9X40 is only $399. You will never need more scope than that on a ML.

Personally if you got $550 to spend I would put on a Kahles 2-7X36 on top of your omega.

For your QR rings and bases I doubt very seriously that they will transfer from one gun to the other with out having to reposition your rings on your scope thus defeating the purpose you want them for.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Ziess Conquest 3-9x40 will be a perfect set up for your rifle. Go to www.eurooptic.com a Ziess Conquest 3-9x40 will run you $365.00 + S&H of about $10.00. Good luck.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:37 PM
Fork Horn

Bigbulls,
I agree that the 2x7-36 would be more than enough for my Omega especially for hunting whitetail here in Wisconsin. However, is it enough scope to use on my 7mm WSM when I use it in your neck of the woods for elk or bear? If a 2x7- 36 is all I need the difference in price between the 2x7 and 3x9 is $89.00. Is it worth it?

I'm looking at the Zeiss Conquest 3x9-40 and the Kahles 3x9-42.
Cabelas lists the Zeiss at $429.99, and the Kahles at $589.99.

-Mathewsconquest2
Old 01-18-2005, 12:54 PM

Conquest are nice..........but go with the Kahles !! I wouldn't hesitate to spend that extra few dollars !
Old 01-18-2005, 01:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

The only advantage the Kahles gives you is it is a little more compact by a 1/2" then the Conquest. IT also has 2/3" less eye relief then the Conquest. I can see no difference in low light conditions and my 3-9x40 conquest is all the scope I need for those conditions, Swarovski has very conveniently jacked up the price on Kahles since purchasing the company , they used to be a good buy now I would just assume spend the extra and buy the Swarovski 1" tubes. For the money the 3-9x40 Conquest cannot be beat.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Conquest comes with a Lifetime Transferrable Warranty, while the Kahles AH does not being only Lifetime for the original owner. Something that may or may not be of concern just food for thought!

Quick Reply: Zeiss Conquest vs. Kahles scope on TC Omega?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.