Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Which calibers/guns would you like to see brought back or made? >

Which calibers/guns would you like to see brought back or made?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Which calibers/guns would you like to see brought back or made?

Old 12-03-2004, 06:04 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Which calibers/guns would you like to see brought back or made?

I'd like to see CCI or Remington to at least load the 5mm Rem Mag again. They sold 60,000 of these rifles in the early 70's and then discontinued the gun and ammo.
What really hurts is the introduction of the 17hmr which is basicly the same thinga the 5 was ,but the 5 used a php in a heavier bullet. It performed better than the 22mag and gave the accuracy one gets from a 22 lr.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the .30 WCF (Winchester Center Fire) the .30-30?

Mike
Old 12-03-2004, 11:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ELKampMaster

IMHO, if the old stuff was so great it wouldn't have went away.
So much to chose from now, some of which won't survive.
Guess I'm happy with what's available.

Sorry, EKM

Not necessarily! The Mannlicher-Schoenauer, the NE-PLUS-ULTRA of all bolt-action rifles ever made in any factory anywhere on earth, was not brought back because all blueprints, design drawings, and tooling were lost in a fire. This is the one I want - in all calibers, and in rifle and carbine versions!!
Old 12-03-2004, 01:15 PM

ORIGINAL: driftrider

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the .30 WCF (Winchester Center Fire) the .30-30?

Mike
Yes. It was originaly called the .30 WCF, but 30-30 more or less just caught on. I still say the original, just to get the ooo's and ahh's from folks who don't know any better! And as a side note, I heard that savage is working on a new version of the 99 with a synthetic stock. Though, I've heard that for a while now.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

A full size Ruger 77 in 7mm-08.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would be happy with just bringing back the Win 94 without the stupid crossbolt safety and for remington to make the Rem 700 without the POS ILS on the bolt or excessively long throats on their short action rifles.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

I would like to see a .300 savage, the army was going to use it instead of the 308 but the shell would jam something like every 5000 rounds, I think I read that somewhere but don't quote me on that. This one is still around but the greatest bullet in the world the 6.5X55 swedish I would like to see more of these. .32 special would be nice to see. A nice rolling block 45-70 that wasn't big $$$ a double barrel shot gun with a single trigger and two hammers
Old 12-04-2004, 03:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

You are correct but when the 30-30 was called .30 WCF there were different loadings then the standard these days of either a 150 or 170 grain jacketed pills, when it was called the .30 WCF there were cast lead loadings with 160, 165, 180 and 190 grain lead bullets. I would just like to see the .30 WCF headstamp used again. though the 30-30 headstamp was used way before my time I aquired a bunch of old cartridges some black powder from my grandfather with the .30 WCF head stamp.
Old 12-04-2004, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not necessarily! The Mannlicher-Schoenauer, the NE-PLUS-ULTRA of all bolt-action rifles ever made in any factory anywhere on earth, was not brought back because all blueprints, design drawings, and tooling were lost in a fire. This is the one I want - in all calibers, and in rifle and carbine versions!!
AMEN!
Old 12-04-2004, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

I, too, would like to see Savage bring back the 99. It is a masterpiece of beauty and engineering and balance.
Bring back the 22 Hi Power, .250-3000, .300 Savage, and the two Brush guns. Specificly the straight stock model F TD and pistol gripped G TD. And put them in a padded case.
I'd buy several of each.
Brian

Quick Reply: Which calibers/guns would you like to see brought back or made?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.