Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Question about 7 mm? >

Question about 7 mm?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Question about 7 mm?

Old 11-09-2004, 12:00 AM

Default RE: Question about 7 mm?

Even if you don't plan to reload, buy a good reloading book and it will explain the difference between all the 7mm's you mentioned and more. I would recommend you self-educate more before purchasing anything.

EKM
Old 11-09-2004, 02:45 PM

Not yet mentioned is the 7STW. A hell of a flat shooter, and more available factory ammo than the 7MM RUM.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:27 PM

I am amazed! Absolutely amazed . . . the best 7mm of all . . . the 7x57mm. The best all-around chambering one can buy . . . and has been for a LONG time.

A Ruger Model 77 MK II in 7x57 with a Leupold Rifleman 2X-7X will meet your needs and not break your bank account . . . and ammo is probably more available in most places.

Want a high velocity demon? Go for the 7mm STW. Lots of ammo and a flat shooting son-of-a-gun.

I have to admit that the new .270 WSM could pull me away from my adoration of the 7x57 . . . maybe . . . have to do more research and talk to at least a hundred owners!

The .280 is pretty much the same thing as far as ballistics are concerned. Still a dang good choice. Just don't hunt with a friend who is using a .270 . . . mix up your ammo and things could go boom!

The number one choice around here [Colorado] is the 7mm Remington Magnum. You can't go wrong. Recoil is about the same as a .30-06. Super choice too. Shoots a little farther and flatter than a 7x57 . . . usually the same bullets.