Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Nikon Monarch >

Nikon Monarch

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Nikon Monarch

Old 10-30-2004, 04:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default Nikon Monarch

O.K. I was at my local Galyans today when I noticed they had just marked down last years models of scopes... Nothing really worth mentioning, a couple of tascos, bushnells, prostaffs, VXI's, etc.

Then I asked if they had all been put out... The clerk said that some guy had put one on hold about a week ago and never picked it up... It was a Nikon Monach, 4-12, matte. They had it for $300 a VERY good price... He also said it was an additional 25% through this weekend, wow $225, and he gave me a coupon for an additional 15 bucks off...

Total price = $210!!!!!

I snatched it up!!! I really don't even have a gun to put it on nor do I need a 12x power scope, but couldn't pass up the deal.

Anyone have one, do you like them?

Thanks for the info...
Old 10-30-2004, 08:07 PM

Default RE: Nikon Monarch

I have 3x9x40s on my 270 and 300 wsm. I think they are a terrific value and a top quality item. Was using leupolds, but switched to nikon about 4 years ago. good hunting.
Old 10-31-2004, 12:32 PM

The Monarch is a great deal, but I no longer trust Nikon. My first scope was a brand new Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40 silver scope, item #6415. When I took it to the range, the elevation and windage dials didn't work. I sent it back to the company and they said it had major water damage on a brand new scope, and sent me a replacement Nikon Monarch UCC 3-9x40 silver scope, item #6528. While the scope looks nice, its still in the box; I can't bring myself to use it since I no longer trust the company. And I've tried selling it, but the scope doesn't run for much. After all, you got a 12 power for $210, mine is 9 power and retails for $470. But most wholesale dealers sell it for $310. Anyone out there want this thing, just write me an offer?
Old 10-31-2004, 03:06 PM

Huhhhhhhhhhhh WTF???
redhead lemme see if I understand you correctly. Your silver 3x9x40 BuckMasters broke and was replaced (under warranty) with the companies premier scope series, a silver 3x9x40 Monarch and you are actually COMPLAINING??? You cant "trust" Nikon now? I suppose if you had a Tahoe and GM replaced it with an Escalade you would then not be able to "trust" GM either?

Sometimes I think the American consumer has been outright SPOILED with "customer service" too the point that even the best intentions by a company are being missed,
RA

ps
I gotta brandnew 3x9x40 BuckMasters that I would gladly trade you for the Monarch if you are that "worried" about Nikon...
Old 10-31-2004, 03:31 PM

Hey screw u RedAllison,
Just for your info, you'd be a little ticked off too if you'd wasted $40 on ammo (300 win. mag. ain't cheap stuff), wasted 2 trips to a range 20 miles away, and then waited 2 months for a replacement scope, all because a brand new "top of the line" scope was a piece of junk. There's a difference between being spoiled and getting what you paid for. Although I will admit that Nikon's return was a very generous gesture.
Old 10-31-2004, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not here to bitch to anyone...No matter what we buy you will always get a lemon, but if they replaced it with a brand new scope weather its the same model or in your case a better model, I would try it out, but thats up to you. I myself wouldn't buy a GM truck ever again, I had a lemon and fought hard to get my money back, so I can feel your pain.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

all because a brand new "top of the line" scope was a piece of junk.
Well first I hate to break it to you but the Buckmaster series of Nikons that you originally bought is not their top of the line scope. In fact it's their bargain basement econo model. Kinda like Leupolds new Rifleman series. Second if they replaced it with a Nikon Monarch UCC (Which is a much higher quality scope than the Buckmaster) then that's one of the best customer service moves by a company I have ever heard of. ANY company can have one bad product slip through quality controll. If you are only going to do business with companies that never have a defective product returned to them then I have sad news for you. You are going to have to quit shopping because no such animal exits. Even Lexus and Mercedes pump out a clunker now and then. And hell the scope in question could easily have been damaged after it left the factory.

I own two Leupold Vari X III scopes and one Nikon Monarch UCC 3.3 x 10 power scope. Despite paying much more for the Leupolds I cannot find anything better about them when compared to the Nikon. Clarity, light gathering, precise MOA adjustments, all equal or better on the Nikon.

So if that piece of junk they sent you back is just lying around cluttering up your house I will help you out. Box it up and send it to me. Heck, I won't even charge you a disposal fee.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:10 PM
Typical Buck

actually Todd the buckmaster is the middle line.

economy line = prostaff

2nd tier = buckmaster

upper line = monarch UCC

I beleive Nikon is getting a bad rap because their optics in the "picture" world have declined in recent years, fairly or unfairly. I believe that the monarch and VX-III ar very similar. One problem I have with the VX-III is the three piece tube. Leupolds are known for their ruggedness, but this recent switch concerns me. I also try not to buy a scope because of name recognition. When you purchase a Leupold you are paying a premium because of their lineage, their great customer support, and the expectance of a superior product. I ussually try to get the best bang for the buck.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:56 PM

Whatever you think there 'head. You are either very young or havent bought much manufactured stuff in your life. ANYTHING can happen and EVERYONE makes mistakes from time too time. Its the quality in the COMPANY that stands behind their products and goes above and beyond to help their customers out rather than kick them too the curb. I just believe that in your case you are TOTALLY off base with criticism about replacing a Buckmasters with a Monarch. As was said, the BuckMasters is NOT a high end scope. It is a good quality middle of the road scope that traditionally is VERY rugged and performs better than anything else in their price range! The Monarch series is just about comparable too ANYTHING you want to put them up against, their reputation certainly stands up and "toes the mark". With your mode of thinking I suppose if you bought a Zeiss Conquest and it messed up whereupon Zeiss replaced it with a Diavari series you would then loose faith and "trust" in them as well? I just questioned your line of thinking thats all.

Incidental expensese (like burned ammo, gas too the range, time etc) are NOT covered under ANY warranty and is just "the luck of the draw". If you ask me, you WERE paid back for the incidentals by being given the upgrade too the Monarch.
RA

ps
As I said, I would GLADLY trade you back into a BuckMasters if thats what you just have to have.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:46 AM
Fork Horn

Redhead. Nikon buckmaster is going in the $160 range .. I will give you $175 +shipping for the monarch. Let me know if interested ..

Quick Reply: Nikon Monarch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.