Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Rifles, vehicles and their owners >

Rifles, vehicles and their owners

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Rifles, vehicles and their owners

Old 10-30-2004, 08:53 AM

Default Rifles, vehicles and their owners

In the october issue of The American Rifleman, one of the members of the staff did a survey on trucks,rifles and their owners. Here is a paragraph from the article:

One Rifleman staffer conducted an informal survey regarding the Model 70 vs. Model 700 debate a few years ago. His hypothesis was that the Model 70 fans favored Chevy-pick up trucks and the Remington Model 700 fans favored Fords. After asking about 60 to 70 folks what their preferences were, vis-a-vis the Model 70 vs the Model 700, he then asked whether they preferred Chevy or Ford trucks. He found that the Remington/Ford or Chevy/Model 70 affinity was spot on about 80 % of the time. I can offer no scientific explanation for his finding--let alone how or why he came up with the idea in the first place-- but it does show that just like the American shooters like their Fords or Chevys, that same loyalty applies to their rifles.

So Remington shooters like Fords and Winchester shooter like Chevys. FOR THE MOST PART.

Anyone see a patern here?

Joe
Old 10-30-2004, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Rifles, vehicles and their owners

Myself and my hunting partners shoot remingtons and drive gmc's.Actually looking at what most of the people that I know drive and shoot ,the so called pattern does not exist in my area.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:50 AM

Ford Expedition and CZ's and Win M-70's.
Among my friends, no pattern there either.

EKM
Old 10-30-2004, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well you couldn't give me a Chevy, and it would be hard to get me to shoot a Remington with one exception, the Rem 788. I drive a Ford and shoot Ruger rifles. I like things that work and last.
Old 10-30-2004, 11:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like things that work and last.
So do I .After two problem fords,I changed to gmc.No problems since.
Old 10-30-2004, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to disagree, in missouri where I am from the majority of my friends including myself we drive chevy trucks and prefer remington rifles. I have one friend who drives a ford truck but does prefer remington rifles, my other 2 friends who drive fords prefer winchester rifles.

Im my opinion winchester rifles are the fords of rifles, and remingtons are the Chevy's and savage is the GMC of rifles.

All my life I have only owned chevy's and remington and savage rifles, I will never own a winchester rifle or a ford.
Old 10-30-2004, 03:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have owned them all and for the most part ,liked them all. I do tend to favor Chevy and Remington.
Old 10-30-2004, 03:56 PM
DM

I had (2) Chevys, (1) Ford, and a Dodge all that the same time, all of them diesels. After the miles started pileing up, the Ford had to go!! Cost too much to own one of them when they get older. The Dodge is the next with the most problems, but NOT the Cummins engine!!, and the Chevys have been best trucks overall, by far.

As for bolt action Rifles, make mine a 700 Rem. please!!

Drilling Man
Old 10-30-2004, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I quit arguing about trucks when I was in 3rd grade...

Who gives a crap what somebody else drives or shoots. I have enough trouble looking after myself for crying out loud...LOL
Old 10-30-2004, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

My preference is for foreign made rifles that are 50-100 years old and I drive a foreign truck with 180,000 miles on it.

Fords and Remingtons- I don't much care for either.
Chevies and Winchesters- I'll take both and trade the winchester for a CZ.

Quick Reply: Rifles, vehicles and their owners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.