Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Norinco Info needed >

Norinco Info needed

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Norinco Info needed

Old 10-25-2004, 05:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default Norinco Info needed

My neighbor came to me yesterday knowing I am a gun nut looking for some help. He has a Norinco Model JW-15 bolt 22 cal. His problem is that the firing pin is not striking the shell hard enough to send the bullet on its way. My 1st question was "when was the last time you field stripped the bolt and cleaned it real good" answer was.....NEVER. I removed the bolt from the gun and darned if I could get the thing apart. Does anyone have info on how to disassemble the bolt here to get into the FP & spring to clean it up good. Would appreciate any help.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:17 AM

Default RE: Norinco Info needed

Here are the instuctions as per my JW15 owners manual

Remove the bolt from the rifle. Holding the bolt in one hand rotate the bolt 90 degrees clockwise (viewed from the rear) so that the firing pin emerges from its hole in the front of the bolt.

Depress the mainspring retainer ( thats the 1/4" button on the rear of the bolt under the safety lever) by pressing it against a firmly supported wood or soft metal object.

This will free the saftey so that is can be pulled out of the bolt. Slowly release the pressure on the bolt. The mainspring retainer, firing pin and bolt handle can now be removed.

Reassemble in reverse order.

I have had mine for 6-7 years now and it is very accurate. I strip it down and clean it about every 500 ronds or so. I have never had a misfire that wasn't the ammos fault tho.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Norinco Info needed

Thanks KTS, I will get it done this evening. He had mentioned that it was put away "cocked" and left for 3 months w/ tension on the FP spring. I think it is dirty and will try that 1st.