Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Question on a Gun sling >

Question on a Gun sling

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Question on a Gun sling

Old 10-19-2004, 11:34 AM

Default Question on a Gun sling

I just got back from an Elk Hunting trip in CO and one of the guy's in our group had a gun sling that would not slip off his shoulder. He couldn't remember who made the sling or how to get in touch with them, but this sling had a neoprene? no slip surface and would not slide down his shoulder. He said he thought it cost b/t $25-30. He said he bought it at a gun show but it's also been advertised on some of the hunting shows on the Outdoor Channel. Anyone ever hear of this sling??
Old 10-19-2004, 06:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Question on a Gun sling

Was it a Vero Vellini neoprene sling? They sell for around $20.
Old 10-19-2004, 06:56 PM
Typical Buck

Browning has a slings that wont slip off your sholder. you can go to teh site and check them out.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:40 PM

I think I have the sling you are talking about. I received it as a present it came from Slogan Outdoors. They advertised on the outdoor channel, but I have not seen their advertisement in a while.

The sling is an Ultraflex sling made from thermoplastic that won't slip off your shoulder. It really works too!! The only problem is that it is a little bouncy when you walk with the gun on your shoulder. It has two straps so you can use it backpack style. Good for crawling and dragging out deer. I looked on the web for their website, but could not find it. Do a search for the Ultraflex and see what you can find. Good Luck!
Old 10-19-2004, 07:52 PM

that would be really nice because when i was elk hunting my gun slipped off my shoulder when i slipped on some rocks and shattered my buttplate. Luckly the guy with his tent close to ours had an extra model 700 so he borrowed me his buttplate from it.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:05 AM

never heard of it but sounds pretty neat. Something i keep in mind when buying a sling is too buy a loose sling. I like to wrap my left hand around in the sling when i shoot in order to add stability. If you are stable or use a bipod i guess ya don't need this but just something that really works for me, and i thought i would share.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:35 AM

Well, I found Slogan Outdoors at farwestoutdoors.com. Apparently, they USED to carry the Ultra Slings but due to lack of manufactorers support, they no longer carry them. Just my luck, missed out on the clearance sale to...
Old 10-22-2004, 05:07 PM

I have one of the ultraflex rifle slings and it works excelletn for me I got it a a spots show the dealers name was Bill O'Neill his number is 734-878-4912 and Slogan Industries number is 248-348-1215 Hope this helps
Old 10-24-2004, 08:15 PM

Smokpole
Take a look at the slings from Quake Industries. These slings will not slip . I've been using them for several years and I'm completly sold on them. I use their treestand straps as well. They make OEM slings for Browning and Winchester.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

They sell a sling at Dunham's Sporting Goods around me that looks like leather but has a stubble very grippy surface on the underside. I used it two weeks ago on a hunt and it stuck to my shoulder like it was glued down.

Tom

Quick Reply: Question on a Gun sling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.