Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Scope fogging up!!! >

Scope fogging up!!!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Scope fogging up!!!

Old 10-01-2004, 06:31 PM

Default RE: Scope fogging up!!!

This happens mainly when I use the scope for spotting
I hope I misunderstood what you are trying to say here, but...

Are you saying that you use your scope to look things over rather than a pair of binoculars?

If this is the case, BUY A PAIR OF BINOCULARS!!! A scope is not for glassing an area. It is for a sight only. Sooner or later (if it hasn't happened already) you will have scoped someone. Meaning your muzzle has been pointed at someone!
Old 10-02-2004, 04:58 AM
Fork Horn

Every year at out camp up in the Adirondacks I go out to a local ski shop and pick up 1/2 dozen of the Smith, "No Fog Cloth" They typically use these for the ski goggles. I pass em out to all the guys on day 1 and tell em, take the gun outside for 5 min then breath heavy on both lenses and wipe with the cloth until it is clear. Breath again and repeat until no fog appears (usually only takes 1 application) This will last all day, sometimes 2 but I make sure everyone repeats this each morning. We see so few deer, dont want need stipid mistakes messing things up. Been using this for 10+ years and no problems with the coatings. It Works, Try it
Old 10-02-2004, 05:03 AM
Fork Horn

PS These only run about $2 each and are credit card size. If you have a rainy day take it out with you in case you need to reapply. On thing about them is if they get to much water on them they will tend to smear the scope. In a nutshell, if it gets wet put it in the trash and pull out a new one. You might be able to hang dry it by the woodstove or whatever but for $2 is it worth the chance????