Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Nosler Partitions vs Rem. Core-Lokt >

Nosler Partitions vs Rem. Core-Lokt

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Nosler Partitions vs Rem. Core-Lokt

Old 09-11-2004, 08:47 AM

Default Nosler Partitions vs Rem. Core-Lokt

I shoot a Remington 700 BDL SS 7mm mag. I have been using Remington premier safari grade Core-lokt in 160gr. I have been considering switching to Nosler Partitions. Does anyone have any opinions on the Noslers? My rifle shoots the Remington ammunition very well. I am a little bit nervous about switching ammunition this close to my rifle season. Any thoughts?
Old 09-11-2004, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Nosler Partitions vs Rem. Core-Lokt

Nosler Parts are a excellent bullet and I have found over the years most rifles throw them pretty good as well. Trying a box to see how the fly will not affect your Corelokt load or season in any way. Just shoot them to see what kind of group you are getting and if you like what you see, then fine tune if required! Don't worry about their performance on the game end with the 160's they'll take down most NA game with ease.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

have been considering switching to Nosler Partitions. Does anyone have any opinions on the Noslers?
IF you are talking about the regular old-time designed Corelokts, the Noslers are very superior for game the size of elk and up. (For deer, it doesn't matter much!!) If you are using the NEW bonded-core Corelokts, I suspect they are about as good as Nosler Partitions or Accubonds.
Old 09-12-2004, 05:38 PM

You didn't say what you were hunting, but if it is whitetails, stick with what your gun likes.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Popre You have an excellent combination plus the confidence in the Core-Lokt. This bullet will drop any animals on this contenent, except for the big bears, griz, brown and kodiak. The price is also right....
Old 09-13-2004, 12:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

nosler partitions seem to be quite picky about the guns they are being shot from, They shoot great from my springfield (30-06) and Savage mod 10 FP (308) but accuracy is horrible in my remington m700 (308), But the remington shoots awesome dime size groups with the plain jane remington express core lokts
Old 09-13-2004, 05:35 AM

I find myself in agreement with HDW. Some of my rifles (particulary the 308) don't like Partitions at all. As others have said, if it isn't broken don't fix it.

I have used Parttions on 3 moose and several mule deer hunts with outstanding results.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

If comparing the two i'll take Nosler Partitions over Remington cor-lokts anytime, anyplace or anywhere on any game period! These two bullets aren't even close to giving the same performance imo. I know you don't need a Partition to shoot deer with and i've killed many with other bullets including the cor-lokts but after trying the Partitions years ago i have never looked back. I also know that some guns are finicky with the Partition but that can be with any bullet. To be honest i've never seen a rifle that wouldn't shoot a Partition with acceptable accuracy within the average shooters abilities to shoot and out to 300yds with a good handload and several that would shoot excellent groups beyond that. I know they cost more and i definately wouldn't buy them just for plinking but when it comes time to hit the woods you can bet my rifle will be loaded with a Partition!
Old 09-13-2004, 06:42 AM

Thanks for all the advice. I will be hunting elk with this load. I do shoot dime sized groups with the core lokt's, so after hearing eveyones opinions I think that I will stay with what shoots the best out of my gun. Again thanks for all of the advice.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:53 AM
bigcountry

Elk? Partitions hands down. You got a screamer of a round, feed it stuff that it deserves.

Quick Reply: Nosler Partitions vs Rem. Core-Lokt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.