Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Can you guys help me out here with rifle choice? >

Can you guys help me out here with rifle choice?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Can you guys help me out here with rifle choice?

Old 08-18-2004, 10:08 PM

Default Can you guys help me out here with rifle choice?

I started hunting and shooting about 2 years ago and i have 4 guns. Gramps 22,Rem 870Wingmaster,Benelli Nova,Winchester m70 classic stainless in 270. I am supposed to be saving for a new trap gun but i think i am going to wait. Im getting the urge to buy another rifle because i only have one...im not trying to sound greedy or anything but i think i want a nice Woodstocked rifle since i have a synthetic already. I am not decieded on the caliber yet but i am looking at some models. Im looking at the Remington 700 BDL and the CDL. And thinking about buying another m70 only the classic featherweight with wooden stock. The winchester and the cdl are both $639 at cabelas and the BDL is i think $560. But 639 is the most im spending. What rifle would you get?
Old 08-18-2004, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Can you guys help me out here with rifle choice?

I would go for the Winchester. Good luck.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

If it was me I would go with the model 70 featherweight classic . I had a choice between it and the Rem 700 in the same caliber and went with Win model 70
Old 08-19-2004, 03:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I fart on winchester anymore since brownings and winchesters are no longer made in the good old USA. Go with a good old American made remington.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:51 PM

Whenever I see buy USA only I almost want to puke. I am as red blooded American as the next guy but when I am spending my money I want quality. I own two Beretta shotguns (Italian made) a AL390 auto and a 686 O/U. I also own a Browning Stalker in .270 which was made in Japan and all are quality guns. Besides that I also own eight other guns which were made in the USA. I bought all of them based on what I wanted rather than where they were made. Beretta has been making firearms for 500 years so I guess they have a little experience. If Remington had made a better jamomatic than the 11-87 then maybe I would have considered it.
Back to the original post...Get the Winchester with wood. I have a model 70 which is 35 years old and it is my favorite rifle.
Old 08-19-2004, 03:13 PM

Settle the dispute and buy a Savage, because it's a great gun in its own right.

And it's made right in the good ol' USA.

And you'll have money left over.
Old 08-19-2004, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

I like the m-70. As to caliber the .270 is a great mid range and can handle just about everything, So you need either a varment or a big big game rifle . For the varment end I would go with a .223 for the big rifle the .300 Win Mag gets my vote.IMHO
Old 08-19-2004, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Winchester if you must but check out the Ruger m77 also. I am not a fan of remington after my 597 , 7400 expiences
Old 08-19-2004, 08:23 PM

I have a Model 700 BDL 270. I can tell you, you cant go wrong with that gun. I have taken down 5 deer in 4 years of hunting. It is a rock solid gun, you can drive tacks with it, it is just awsome.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:27 PM

And about being American made, I really dont have a problem with the models made in Italy or europe. Its the yes Japan and asia countries. Browing is having their guns made their because it is much cheaper labor, so they make more money on it. The foreign made products are killing our economy. That makes all the less american jobs out there. Just like all the mexicans moving into america. They are killing the construction business. They will work for minimum wage and they do a good job. One of the few jobs that we cant ship overseas, people are moving in to steal our jobs.

Quick Reply: Can you guys help me out here with rifle choice?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.