Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Help me pick an O/U >

Help me pick an O/U

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Help me pick an O/U

Old 08-16-2004, 09:43 AM

Default Help me pick an O/U

I've narrowed my decision down to either a Browning Citori Lightning or a Weatherby Orion Grade II Over/Under shotgun.

I've handled the Browning, and it comes up to the shoulder real quick and fits great. I will check out the Weatherby if there is an overwhelming response for it, but I need to know, which would any of you recommend?

I know there are other O/U out there such as the ruger, berretta, etc, and I am not interested in those, so please don't recommend them, I am only looking to get advice between a Browning and a Weatherby.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Help me pick an O/U

I would pass on both but if I had a gun to my head would pick the Weatherby
Old 08-16-2004, 10:06 AM

Oldelkhunter,

Why would you pass on both??? And if forced to make a decision why would you choose the weatherby? What is it that makes you choose it over the browning, if you were forced to choose one?

Do you have an aversion to browning's or weatherby's? Have you had bad experiences, or do you just prefer a different brand.

Thanks.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:07 AM

Oldelkhunter,

Why would you pass on both??? And if forced to make a decision why would you choose the weatherby? What is it that makes you choose it over the browning, if you were forced to choose one?

Do you have an aversion to browning's or weatherby's? Have you had bad experiences, or do you just prefer a different brand.

Thanks.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have purchased 1 Browning Citori Lightweight 12 gauge ...after firing probably 500 rounds thru it firing pin(s) broke. It took Browning 8 months to get it back to me. Similiar luck with their autoloaders except A5. I like the looks of the Weatherby better is probably why I would buy it and lack of problems . My first choice would be a sigarms Rizzini but you didn't want to hear any other makes.
Old 08-16-2004, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Weatherby is actually a SKB and in my own experience the Browning and SKB over/unders are the best one can own.

I'd buy either one based on fit and personal likes than any consideration of one being a better quality than the other.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:46 PM

ill take my stoeger conor supreme, and stick the extra $820 in my pocket
Old 08-16-2004, 08:54 PM
DM

I like the Valmet 412 for my O&U 12 ga shotgun. The reason it, because there are so many extra bbls around for them, like O&U rifle bbls! Also combi bbls, like 12 ga/30-06, and also 20 guage sets.

All of the rifle bbls i've shot were very accurate!

Drilling Man

Old 08-16-2004, 10:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am on my second citori skeet.I had about 20,000 rounds through the first with no problems and so far have about 1200 rounds through the second.The majority of our club members shoot citoris and they have been trouble free.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:49 PM

To answer the question you asked, get the Browning.

Quick Reply: Help me pick an O/U

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.