Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Why won't it Fit!!! >

Why won't it Fit!!!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Why won't it Fit!!!

Old 08-06-2004, 10:26 PM

Default RE: Why won't it Fit!!!

How does this happen? The Savage is built poorly with respect to receiver and barrel set in said receiver. This gun is NOTORIOUS for this type of thing.

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

First off, not bashing the guy, but out of the dozens and dozens of rifles, I have had, none have taken 3 trips to get the rings right. So I am confused on how that happens. But I only buy leupold rings anymore so your choices are limited.

I failed doing a glass job, more than three times. But kept at it. Never understood people not trying things for themselves.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:18 PM
Fork Horn

I have a question, does Burris make Redhead scopes?
Old 08-07-2004, 12:00 AM

No, RedHead is an OEM China brand. Made by one of the companies that made Niko Sterling, BSA, and a couple other less than fantastic scopes.

If you look at the mag ring and the AO on many of the models, you'll easily see the same component parts. No company that makes $300+ scopes is going ot enter in the $20+ scope market...you can't cheapen them down enough. The only time you will ever be able to get a $20 scope...is if it's a copy of another scope OEM'd in China.