Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 BEST SHOTGUN MANUFACTORER >

BEST SHOTGUN MANUFACTORER

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

BEST SHOTGUN MANUFACTORER

Old 08-05-2004, 12:04 PM

Default BEST SHOTGUN MANUFACTORER

I am planning to buy a new shotgun in a 12 guage caliber for deer hunting, turkey hunting, and duck hunting. I was thinking either the new Benelli Super Black Eagle II or a Remington 870 Express supermag. Does anyone have any helpful comments or opinions of the two? Thanks.
Old 08-05-2004, 12:48 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: BEST SHOTGUN MANUFACTORER

One is a very nice shotgun that costs 3X as much than the other. The other works just as good, but a pump. Tough comparison. I like the Browning Gold and older Auto-5 over the Benelli.

Old 08-05-2004, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Of the two guns you mentioned, the Benelli is BY FAR the better of the two, but you'll pay for it.

The Super Black Eagle II is one of the best semi-auto shotguns in the world, if you don't mind a gun with a very "modern" look.

The Remington 870 Express Supermag is a very functional, pump-action, no-nonsense working shotgun made for people who need performance on a budget. I have one that I picked up used for just over $200 and it works great and gets the job done, but it won't turn heads at the gun club like the Super Black Eagle would.

So, if you've got the cash I'd definately say go with the SBE and be forever happy with your decision to buy and outstanding shotgun. But if you don't want to spend $1000+ on a shotgun, don't care about 'bragging rights," but still want to be able to hunt whatever you want, the 870 is a great choice.

Mike
Old 08-05-2004, 01:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Look at Berettas also they are very nice and Benelli is owned by Beretta. I think they are a better value but not a better gun but a good shotgun nevertheless. Trigger group in that 870 looks like cut up beer cans were used in construction but nevertheless they work. Stay clear of Brownings at any cost except the A5 others are a pile of junk
Old 08-05-2004, 01:46 PM
bigcountry

Ok, my friend you got some explaining to do on that statement, you better explain yourself.[:@][:@]

My gold is the best shotgun I ever had.

Old 08-05-2004, 01:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Stay clear of Brownings at any cost except the A5 others are a pile of junk
How in the world did I type that must have been thinking of a 710 or something along those lines Actually the Gold is a good shotgun but I have been burned by every Browning semi-auto that came out since the A5 but have never owned a Gold I meant to say
Old 08-05-2004, 01:57 PM
bigcountry

I feel better. You hurt my feelings there.

Cureious what kinda of probs you had with semi? One thing I don't like, is its very difficult to clean the gas piston of the Browning. Other than that its a pretty simple design. Not as simple as the benelli. The benelli is a fine gun, but I have trouble going past the 800 dollar point for a shotgun. Only complains on the 11-87 is it has this rattle of that little metal do hicky behind the piston. And they are tad more difficult to put a shell in. Got to hit that button just right. And the rubber o ring sucks. But other than that, its my duck gun.

Old 08-05-2004, 02:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had the A2000 20 gauge autoloader that was in effect a single shot luckily I had a good brittany and one shot was all I needed on Pheasants. Took it to a Browning authorized repair center and the gunsmith shook his head and said it had an inherent problem with gas system and that 70% of the ammo made would not cycle this action. Another was the famous double auto they made which was a Jammo matic and lo and behold its not made anymore. A5's no problem and a few friends have the Gold and like it and compare it to Berettas. Lots of good shotguns out there these days ... I have had a lot of luck with 870's.1100's,11-87.Franchi autoloaders, Winchester autoloader and whoever made the Smith and Wesson autoloader. I am in the market for a 28 gauge for my 11 year old probably pick up an 870 in that gauge for him and cut the stock down.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:25 PM
bigcountry

Right now at Bass pro, got 870's express's on sale for 198 dollars.

Old 08-05-2004, 02:26 PM
bigcountry

Wow, Your the first person I know who had all the bad shotguns from Browning. I was told to walk around the A2000's. Well you live and learn I guess.

Quick Reply: BEST SHOTGUN MANUFACTORER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.