Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Bi-Pod!

Old 06-09-2004, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bi-Pod!

I want to puit a Bipod on my new Ruger .338, I do not care so much about how much it weighs. I just want to be able to still be able to attach a sling. Which one would you all recomend??

Thanks, Marty
Old 06-09-2004, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bi-Pod!

I personally feel Harris Bipods are about the best out there. But be prepared to spend some money. My prone position one cost $60, Kneeling would be up closer to $100. They can have a sling attached to them also.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:29 AM

i agree with charlie here. i have two harris's. one that is nine inches tall at it's tallest and the other is 23 inches(or so) tall at it's tallest. just depends on whether you feel more comfortable sitting or laying down. both are great bipods.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:44 AM

I agree with the other two fellows, but think where you'll do most of your hunting. If you stay in short grass or mountains, or on the range, the prone will be fine. But don't let cost be a factor when purchasing your new bi-pod. Because if you will be hunting in the tall grass and so forth, you will need the higher bi-pod. I've made this mistake before and learned my lesson. spend the few bucks more and get the taller Harris with the side tilt feature. This enables you to level your crosshairs with the horizon quickly without manually adjusting the legs. You probably wont have time to manually adjust, take the shot and miss, because your crosswire was tilted. Good luck.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also agree with the others, Harris bi-pods are the way to go. I own two of there tallest models. The tallest model sits too high for my wife to use, when she is laying flat on the ground. My wife is 5' 7" tall. IMHO the tallest model is built with the larger shooter in mind. I am 6' 1" tall and they fit me just right.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:24 PM
Fork Horn

Another vote for the Harris' here. I also have a Snipe Pod, but it is a little unstable for me.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

i own the tallest version harris and its a keeper. its around 90$ i always wondered about the b-square tilt bi pod model. it doesnt have the springs on it and looks alot lighter but havent checked one out yet.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:06 PM

Liquidorange, stay away from the Caldwell. I have one, and it's legs are very thin aluminum. I used it on a model 70 varmint, and once, I left it on the gun in my cabinet. well, when I went to take it out one day, I grabbed the bipod, and lifted the pig out of the cabinet. As I squeezed the legs a bit to lift, they snapped like twigs![:@]
Old 06-09-2004, 07:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Harris does make a good bipod and I do own one. But recently I purchased a Versa-pod from Cabela's and I like it alot more. This bi-pod has a base that you attach to your front swivel stud and the bi-pod is removable and attaches in seconds. Very handy. I had my wife sew me up a camo pouch for the bi-pod so I can carry it on my belt when not needed. You can also buy extra bases so you can use the same bi-pod for all your rifles. They make the prone and siting sizes. Not exactly sure what the range of extension is on them but I got the sitting size and it is really steady.
Oh yeah, and it pans left to right and pivots up and down too.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:59 PM

Harris. Be sure and get the one that swivels so you can level your gun on uneven ground.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.