Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 what shotgun should i get?? >

what shotgun should i get??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

what shotgun should i get??

Old 05-29-2004, 04:45 AM

Default what shotgun should i get??

im looking for a 12 gauge shotgun and im not sure what to get so i was wonderin what yall would recomend. I want to use it for : coyote hunting, ducks, deer. I like the camo cover but its allright if it doesnt have it.....ummm that about it just hope to hear from ya
Old 05-29-2004, 06:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: what shotgun should i get??

My own preference is for a T/C Encore with the appropriate barrels....223 for the 'yotes, 12ga for the flying stuff, and 30-06, 50cal ML or 20ga slug for the whitetails.
Old 05-29-2004, 08:49 PM

If you are on a budget as it sounds, then you need to get a pump. Are you asking about what make?
Old 05-29-2004, 09:07 PM

I'd say a Remington 870 express or a Mossberg 500.
Old 05-30-2004, 12:08 AM

I'd say the Winchester 1300 black shadow. Its reasonably priced, very solid, easy to clean, and it has a nice action. Its just a great shotgun hands down.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:13 PM

If you can find one, the browning bps is a good choice. It can safetly be used by either right or left handed shooters, points reasonably well, and can be had for a good price on the used market. but be sure to get one with interchangable chokes or have the full reamed out to a modified to be safe with steel shot.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:16 PM

i love my benelli pump. it cost about 300$'s and you can shoot from 2 3/4 to 3 1/2 inch mags through it. so you can hunt most anything you want to hunt with a scattergun. if you want a rifled slug barrel you can get one from benelli for about another 200$'s i think. just my .02 cents worth.
Old 06-03-2004, 06:52 AM

Sounds like you'll be walking around with it quite a bit. The Ithaca Model 37 is well-made, ambidextrious (bottom ejection) and really light. They used to call it the Featherlight. You can also buy them with interchangeable bird and deer barrels. Mossbergs and Remingtons are fine guns if you don't mind being like every other hunter on the planet.
Old 06-05-2004, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

Yup, the Ithaca Featherlight is a great gun, I own one and love it. Both of my sons shoot a Browning BPS. But, if you want a really great shotgun, then get a Remington 870 Wingmaster. I have one that's almost thirty years old that I use all the time. I have upgraded the barrel to one with screw-in chokes and had a slug barrel. I have taken more pheasants than you can count with that gun and ducks, geese and deer. Good luck! Jim
Old 06-06-2004, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hard to beat a nova pump by benelli for that stuff, and their slu barrel is very accurate but kinda pricey to buy aftermarket but probably worth it.

Quick Reply: what shotgun should i get??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.