Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Remington this and that!..What about Winchester?NEEDHELP WITH DECISION!! >

Remington this and that!..What about Winchester?NEEDHELP WITH DECISION!!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington this and that!..What about Winchester?NEEDHELP WITH DECISION!!

Old 05-24-2004, 12:02 AM
Spike

Default Remington this and that!..What about Winchester?NEEDHELP WITH DECISION!!

I'm looking for a brandnew deer rifle. I've looked all over the web and can't find any information on winchester rifles!!! I'm considering a Model 70 Classic Super Grade in 30.06spfd, or 7mm win. mag. If you own a winchester or now anthing about winchesters I should know, please let me now. Any other rifle suggestions would be great to but tell me why there better.......Thanks=)
Old 05-24-2004, 01:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Remington this and that!..What about Winchester?NEEDHELP WITH DECISION!!

Here yeah go winchester rifles page: http://www.winchester-guns.com/prodi...alog/index.asp

Nothing wrong with your choice. Others to look at Browning, Tikka, Savage or Ruger all make nice rifles. It boils down to personal preference and feel, I prefer if available detachable mags & am a south paw so that eliminates a few manufacturer's/models.
Old 05-24-2004, 04:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Remington this and that!..What about Winchester?NEEDHELP WITH DECISION!!

I have two M70's, a 7MM RM Black Shadow and a .308 Lightweight. I love 'em both!
I don't think that you'd be disappointed with a Winchester! If you like something with a composite stock, take a look at the new Super Shadow.
Old 05-24-2004, 05:04 AM

No offense, but, remington and winchester would probably be my last 2 choices. Both are wal-mart guns. I'm just not crazy about all the plastic on these guns. I have been told that alot of what wal-mart sells is seconds. Not necessarily dangerous, just not "first quality"[:'(]
Old 05-24-2004, 05:54 AM
Host of Hosts

Wal-Mart Guns??

What are you talking about? Wal-Mart sells Savage, Marlin, Mossberg,Ruger and Weatherby does that eliminate them? Your comment shows lack of knowledge on firearms. Tikka for example has a composite trigger gaurd and magazine are they junk too?
Old 05-24-2004, 06:55 AM
Typical Buck

i own the M70 Shadow. I love it so far. The action is smooth and it just appears to be put together right... I don't think you can go wrong with Winchester. I would buy one again without hesitation.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Winchesters are just plain awful weapons. I am the official Recall chairman for WInchester and my job is to remove these terrible guns from the shooting public. Email me and I will give you where to ship instructions.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:47 AM

I've got two Winchesters, an M70 classic in 30-06 and a M70 stealth in 22-250. They are both good shooters. I think you'll be very happy with the Winchesters. I don't think there's such a thing as a best rifle out there. All the major brands make good rifles and it comes down to personal preference. Buy what feels good to you and fits comfortably, in any of the major brands and you will probably be happy with it. I also own Savages. There's lots of opinions that they are poor quality ugly rifles. I don't think they are ugly and they shoot great. I've never had any problems with my Winchesters or Savages. That doesn't mean I wouldn't be happy with other brands.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:51 AM
bigcountry

I love the M70 action over any other. But sometimes quality is low with barrels being rough. Bedding is not that good. But, you take a M70 and have a gunsmith, rebed, check headspacing, and square up that action, set that trigger to a nice 3lbs, and you have a quality gun that blows the others out of the water. Reason is, the action in my opinion is the heart of a gun or foundation.

I have brownings and see them as great gun. In fact I can take it out of box and shoot it without a trip to the gunsmith, but the action will never be a m70.

Old 05-24-2004, 02:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have used Winchester M70's and Remington 700's for years. My preference is always for the Winchester M70 controlled-feed type action. I think you should also look at the new CZ rifles!!

Quick Reply: Remington this and that!..What about Winchester?NEEDHELP WITH DECISION!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.