Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Charles Daly Warranty >

Charles Daly Warranty

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Charles Daly Warranty

Old 05-20-2004, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Charles Daly Warranty

This is what happened:

In June, 2002 I traded a Browning BPS .410 for a Charles Daly O/U Field hunter 3" to do some skeet shooting.....I wanted the O/U because I just like the twin tubes.

After less than two weeks shooting skeet.....less than 150 rounds of ammo the Chrome lining came out of the end of the lower barrel. I noticed it curling up and just continued to shoot it because there was nothing I could do about it anyway. The lining must have been pretty heavy because it caused the lower barrel to be about .020 OS and the full choke now was converted to a cylinder bore and the pattern was large enough to cover a four foot circle at 20 yards.

I returned it to Daly (now KBI) with the original receipt and explained that the choke was bad in the lower barrel
They replied that I didn't give them any receipt to account for time of purchase because they was not honoring Daly warranties prior to KBI taking them over. I replied that the receipt was in the box and they looked and agreed it was and that they would honor the warranty.

Today...two months later The gun is returned with the following message....(word for word)

We have found the lower barrel has been modified. Someone has removed the chrome lining at the muzzle end of this barrel. It is not a defect in workmanship and is not covered under warranty. Additionally the modification is beyond any practical repair. We are returning the shotgun to you. Please note the selling price listed on the receipt is less than half the normal new selling price for this model. (it was the trade in price)

I called KBI to ask what the deal was and they're holding firm to the assumption that the gun was "modified" whick is pure BS!!! Essentially they're refusing to warranty their product.....

It is my intention to give Charles Daly (and KBI) all the deserved advertizing I can.......
Old 05-20-2004, 12:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Charles Daly Warranty

If that is their (KBI) stance, then they deserve every negative word they get. I have a Charles Daly 20ga Field Hunter semi-auto, that so far has functioned excellently. But it is a Pre-KBI CHarles Daly, if that means anything.

Ohh, almost forgot to thank you Vapodog for the info on the "new" KBI/Charles Daly customer service.
Old 05-20-2004, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Vapodog, I wasn't planing on buying a Charles Daly shotgun. After reading your post I know I'll never consider one.Please go to other sites and spread the word.Gun owners need to know how you were treated.Spread the word and save others from the treatment you received.We sure don't need companies who treat customers like that.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-20-2004, 05:47 PM

The worst thing a business can do to itself is do a job poorly and then not stand behind their work. i will be sure to tell others about how poor the customer service is at kbi-charles daly. its shame you were treated this way but thank you for sharing it with the rest of us.
Old 05-20-2004, 05:50 PM

Charles Daly deserves a bad reputation if that's what they consider customer service.

Over the last few years they have marketing the value of their guns. It's sounds like another example of buyer beware.

With the gun market being what it is today, any bad publicity concerning firearm quality or bad customer service can kill a company. If KBI doesn't realise this then maybe they shouldn't be in the gun business.
Old 05-20-2004, 05:51 PM

Thanks for the warning! Thats a load of you know what. Im never going to even look at a Charles Daly now.
Old 05-21-2004, 04:31 PM

Maybe you should forward this topic to them so they can see how well their reputation is doing.
you have made me think i don't need one of their guns.
Old 05-21-2004, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: soarkrebel

Maybe you should forward this topic to them so they can see how well their reputation is doing.
you have made me think i don't need one of their guns.

That's a good idea you have Soark.That should get their attention.If they don't care anymore about their customers then what they've shown,they probably don't care about the company either.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-22-2004, 11:44 PM

Ruger in this day and age word of screen reputation could make you or break you.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for the info Vapodog.

I have also considered buying one of their shot guns in the future for my son. Not any more.

With the way that people are sueing companies over the dumbest crap you would think that a gun company would take every oportunity to make absolutely sure that one of their guns is in no way defective as yours is.

Who knows, maybe you will have a multi million dollar suit against KBI before too long because of their blatant negligence.

Quick Reply: Charles Daly Warranty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.