Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Sightron scopes >

Sightron scopes

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Sightron scopes

Old 04-30-2004, 08:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default Sightron scopes

I called to order a inexpensive scope today from my dealer, A nikon buckmaster 3x9x40 .. And they are on back order so I asked about the bushnell 3200 series which I heard decent things about , also on back order, I asked what else,he said he had the sightron on sale for $135. He said it was a decent scope for the money. 1 piece tube over the counter warranty.
Any body have any input? It is on it's way.. But I can send it back if I don't like it ..Thanks Bill
Old 04-30-2004, 10:27 PM

Default RE: Sightron scopes

I had a Sightron 3-9x40 on a 300 WSM before I sold both of them last year. I'd buy another Sightron in a heartbeat, and I'm a very big fan of the Zeiss scopes! For the money, those Sightron's are the best bang for the buck.
Old 05-01-2004, 12:27 PM

I have a Sightron 4X12X42AO that is on a Weatherby Mark 5 in 300 Mag. So far it has stood up to the recoil and is bright and clear. It has replaced a Burris Signature that is back for warranty for the second time. I paid $300.00 for it two or three years ago.
Atrox
Old 05-01-2004, 04:03 PM
Spike

Had a 2 power Sightron pistol scope on my S&W 629 let me tell ya that scope never let me down. Good luck
Old 05-01-2004, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Burris Signature that is back for warranty for the second time

Quite frankly I am shocked that a Burris would have to go back to the factory..Sightron is a very well proportioned scope that is light in weight has good mounting tube length , great eye relief and very good glass and a trmendous warranty. To this day I have not heard of one losing zero. If they ever put in better glass in these scopes, the rest of the scope manufacturers better start worrying.
Old 05-02-2004, 09:15 AM

Oldelk, my Burris has a problem keeping “o”. The first time it went back was for a loose element in the scope, the second time is for failure to keep “O” after a few shots. I’ll probably put it on a .243 win Rem 700 that the Sightron was on. The Burris does not have enough eye relief for the 300 Weatherby. I hope the Sightron has enough durability to withstand the 300 mag.
Atrox
Old 05-03-2004, 03:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Atrox just a poor attempt of sarcasm on my part. Of all the scopes I have owned Burrises have been a headache in the holding zero department . As the infamous Roberto Duran once said "No Mas"..
Old 05-03-2004, 03:45 PM

OldElk I see the sarcasm now! I have had this scope since I purchased the Weatherby in 91 and I am really disappointed with it, but I do have a half moon scar for a trophy. I am thinking about a Zeise (sp?) if they have enough eye relief are you knowledgeable about those scopes?

Atrox
Old 05-06-2004, 05:56 AM
Fork Horn

I received the Sightron yesterday and it seems like a nice unit , I will mount it today and see from there. I really like the nikon Buckmaster for a semi inexpensive scope and this seems to on par with them ..
Old 05-06-2004, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Atrox, the 3-9x40 has a very comfortable eye relief for a 300 weatherby. Great Glass and would be a good decision ..seems like the larger the power range on Zeiss's or the more expensive they get the more eye relief gets smaller.

Quick Reply: Sightron scopes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.