Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 A ride refused because of NRA sticker. >

A ride refused because of NRA sticker.

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

A ride refused because of NRA sticker.

Old 04-16-2004, 12:36 PM

Default A ride refused because of NRA sticker.

My wife and a couple of other people from her work were going to lunch and they were going to take my wife's car. One of the ladies saw our NRA sticker on the window and refused to ride in her car. When my wife told me about that I thought she was joking. I told her if that is how she felt I didn't want her in our car in the first place. Has anyone ever experience anything like that before?
Old 04-16-2004, 12:54 PM

Default RE: A ride refused because of NRA sticker.

Its too bad she didn't notice it when they were 20 miles in the middle of nowhere. I bet she'd have kept her trap shut then.
There's a lot of options left open to you and this old broad. Offer to carry her in the trunk where she won't be able to see the sticker....
Old 04-16-2004, 12:59 PM
Typical Buck

WOW, what nonsense. Maybe some day this lady will realize the importance of our rights.

But then again, i probably wouldn't ride in a car with a John Kerry or Al Gore sticker either.
Old 04-16-2004, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now that's a real crock,It's a shame that woman's car doesn't break down and your wife stops to help her. Telling the woman she would give her a ride but since it has an NRA sticker she's not welcomed in her car.Then very politely drive off leaving her stranded.Turn the tables on her.She'll think before she makes another stupid comment.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 04-16-2004, 04:47 PM

I noticed last holiday season that the NRAstore carried a nice line of Christmas cards, you ought to sent her one next year.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cwhitenton

I noticed last holiday season that the NRAstore carried a nice line of Christmas cards, you ought to sent her one next year.

Now that's a good idea.
If you really want to get her P.O. Send her a years membership to the NRA.You never know she might see the light LOL..If nothing else send her a Christmas card enclosing, her own NRA Sticker. I'll even donate one for her.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 04-16-2004, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your wife experienced the equivalent of being sent to the back of the bus. Its bigotry at its worst.

Aint it funny how liberals claim to have the big tent, of having open minds, and open to diversity are actually the most bigoted, closed mined, and hateful people you ever meet when it comes down to brass tacks?

In college I actually had my car vandalized a few times, probably because I had an NRA sticker in the window, and I know for a fact that I'm not the only one. On the other hand, I've yet to see a conservative throw a rock through a car window because it has a greenpeace or Peta bumpersticker on it.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

On the other hand, I've yet to see a conservative throw a rock through a car window because it has a greenpeace or Peta bumpersticker on it.
There was one time that I was very tempted to do something very nasty to a vehicle I saw that had an American Flag sticker upside down in the back window. I remember thinking that the only time it's acceptable to fly the flag inverted is as a signal of extreme distress. And I thought for a moment about waiting around until the owner of that vehicle showed up so I could put them into enough distress to warrant flying the flag like they were. But, as always, good judgement got the better of me and I went about my business. It sure did chap my butt though. Just to think that I voluntarily gave up four years of my prime in service to this country, willing offering my life in exchange for this jackass' freedom to mock what people like me cherish so dearly.

I honestly can't say what I'd have done if the owner had been there right there and then. I haven't been that mad in awhile.

Some people...![:@]

Mike
Old 04-16-2004, 10:25 PM

Most of you guys are missing something here. The NRA sticker did just what it was supposed to do. It is made to spark a response. If I see a sticker on one of the guys cars that I work with we strike up conversation about hunting , etc.

This incedent should have been a great oportunity to educate that lady. You could ask her what is was that offends her about the NRA. Then politly talk to her and enlighten her to the truth. Jumping on her or insulting her would have only cemented her arguments about the NRA in her own mind.

We need to be prepared for something like this and above all.........put bigger stickers on our cars.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:49 PM
Typical Buck

rkbo does make a good point, but if I had been the one offering the ride, I'd have probably told her to get her big a$$ some exercise and exercise her right to walk!!

Quick Reply: A ride refused because of NRA sticker.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.