Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

[Deleted]

Old 04-10-2004, 06:00 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-10-2004, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My next rifle question....Difference in brands?

That would depend on which models you were comparing . they both have a high and low end product so the question isn't that easy to answer.
Old 04-10-2004, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have owned two weatherby mark V's and neither were more accurate than the rifles that I bought for less than half the price.The vanguard however is a very good rifle for the money and it comes with the same accuracy guarantee as the much more expensive weatherby rifles.Of course a 1-1/2" accuracy guarantee is not all that great anyway since all tikka rifles must shoot 1" groups before leaving the factory and they cost less than half the price of a weatherby accumark.
Old 04-10-2004, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is the Weatherby better or just more expensive.
IMO they're just more expensive.

For a new rifle today I'd be looking for a Winchester M-70, a Browning A-bolt, a Sako or Tikka.....The Howa's are also enjoying a good reputation.
Old 04-10-2004, 08:47 PM

i have had the best luck in accuracy with the remington 700's and the tikka whitetails or hunter deluxes. the remingtons have needed minor shop work to get them as accurate as possible. all the tikas i have owned are great right out of the box. i have never sent a tikka to the shop. but when i shoot for accuracy, i am not pleased until it is no more than a 3/4" group consistantly. both remingtons and tikkas are capable of this. the tikka is imported and listed as a beretta product now but is still manufactered by sako, same action.

consider the tikka when looking as the price is great and the accuracy even better. the weatherby is a very dependable gun. i just have not seen them perform as well as the rem or the tikka.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:51 PM

If your shop can get a Tikka Whitetail Hunter, you've got to put your hands on one. Just feeling how smooth the action is will make you drool. Like others have said, they also have a 1" guarantee and, an adjustable trigger that is great for a rifle that goes for around $600.00 and under.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Weatherby Mark V Sporter .340 Wby. Mag., and Weatherby Mark V Accumark 7mm STW, and they are worth every penny I spent on them. Good luck.
Old 04-11-2004, 05:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Winchester M70!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2004, 05:43 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-11-2004, 05:49 AM

Never forget about Ruger, they make a solid dependable product. I have had nothing but good results.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.